Medical Questions > Mental Health > PTSD Forum

Trauma/Fear of Pets Dying

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
User Profile
I have a pretty persistent fear of my pets dying. I have bad dreams about them and nightmares on occasion. I was traumatized when my last two cats died and I have two new ones now and I fear their death. I get pretty worked up about it and even at nights sometimes I have flashbacks of my pets dying and how I held them for the last time. Is this something other people have had before? I get pretty emotional thinking about it and sometimes it's simply too difficult for me to recall so I repress the memories in a way. I don't want to see my pets die but at the same time I know everyone dies at some point but it's just hard for me to have to deal with the reminders that I feel I get. Even stories about peoples' pets dying is enough to trigger the intrusive thoughts I have about my own and how they will be gone one day.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: ptsd
Quick Reply