Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Trapeziectomy and recovery post-surgery.

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
I have been following with interest the experiences of others who have had a trapezectomy. My right thumb was operated on 4 weeks ago and I have experienced pain, numbness, tingling and the burning sensation. I have tried to avoid too much pain relief as the paracetamol and codeine give me nausea. I have a fibreglass plaster which is due to be removed on 25th Oct. The burning sensation has subsided as has the numbness, just the tingling in my thumb and index finger remain, plus a noticeable pain all the time unless I rest my hand totally. How much should I be using my hand? I have good flexion of the fingers and top thumb joint. I am finding the inability to write quite frustrating. Also not being able to drive. I wonder if anyone can give me an indication of when the pain will ease, when I will be able to write again (I write for pleasure and professionally but an important part of this is being able to jot down ideas/plots/plans etc.)and when it will be safe to drive again. Thank you Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
|