Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

torn shoulder ligament

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
My doctor believes that I have a torn ligament in my shoulder and the only way to fix it and I have to have an MRI and then have surgery I have no job, no money, and no insurance..I cant live with the pain I've had no sleep and and when I do get sleep and wake up I cant move my arm and if I try it hurts extremely badly.The pain pills arent working and Im having constant pain that is making my hand tingle and my neck sore, I try ice and heat and cant get it to relax even a little.Please Help and why is it when I go to ask the doctors they are never in???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 23rd, 2010
Torn ligament, No insurance, No Job, No help from Medicade. Help
My girlfriend has the exact same problem, no insurance, no job, torn ligament, but I paid for an MRI ($300). It shows a tear. So far, medicade said no help, she has to be disable for a year. Free clinics won't help.
If you find a solution to this problem, please let us know.
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Ivdude, your girlfriend has a very painful injury...Try your local hospital to see if you can work out a pay as you go deal...I hope all goes well....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied July 25th, 2010
She has no money. I scraped together enough for her MRI. The orthopedic doctor says she's had it for a long time. He did give her a letter of disability.
Question - Do "good" people enter into binding agreements with hospitals, that they know they can't honor?
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2010
im working on Iowa care at the moment..but it is really agonizing to wait..This weekend has been really bad the pain killers stopped working and no matter how I try to put my arm the pain is so bad I just want to shoot myself...I dont know what to do, I tried ice, heat, baths, rubs, ointments and still no relief is so bad ive been just laying in bed for 3 days now not moving and afraid that if i do move my arm I will scream. I cant sleep and when i wake up I cant move and if I try I cry and scream my boyfriend and family dont know what to do?? I really need some help here
|

replied September 17th, 2010
I have had 3 shoulder surgeries (1 left and 2 on the right) in the last 10 months after a fall of 16'. If you have a tear it can be very very painfull and for me the nights are the worst but since the last revision in mid aug the pain has gone greatly down. Sometimes ortho's try cortison and PT as a 1st measure but my advise is if it is a bad tear ( my right was a complete tear with 5cm retaction and severed bicep tendon) their is no question this needs to be repaired. The left had a 2+cm tear with the bicep pulled away from the labrum also needed to be repired) Then my wife has been complaining about her laft shoulder for years and the MRI showed a tear of 1cm and 2 diffrent surgeons said they would not do surgery just pt. So I know I have gotten off track but my suggestion's would be get a couple of opinions if you can and I know these guys are expensive just to see but it may be the only way to get help. Ice as you say can help I was icing every 2 hrs for 20min each and it helped. Try propping your injured on a pillow and try to sleep on your back not on your effected side. I can say that I am opiod tolerant due to taking Norco 4 times a day for severe low back issue so I to got any relief from the standard issue percacets they had me on after the 1st surgery I asked the surgeon for something that would make me more comfortable and he prescibed 20mg oxycontin ER 5/500 percs and valium, That is what it took to be somewhat comfortable after 2 last 2. So please try to see a doc that specialize's in shoulders and don't leave the doc office without the answers you need to get better. Good luck to you
|

replied February 13th, 2013
torn shoulder ligaments
i love doin pullups on monkeybars and a little bit of boxing and basketball when i was 18. . .both left and right shoulder had torn ligaments. . .extremely painful

but the amazing thing is. . .i can twist them back to normal all by myself
|
Quick Reply