Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

5 days late, on bc, neg pg test

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
okay so i'm 5 days late on my period....but i've been on the pill for 5 years.... i've got the dull back pain and minor headaches, minor cramps, i took a preg. test it said negative, so i went and had a blood test done........i wont get the results for a couple of days! but i need some advice im boyfriend is freaking out......i dont know that im ready... i kinda dont want the results im afraid of what they will tell me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
Hey there, you gonna dance, you got to pay the fiddler............ I taught my daughter years ago, everytime you have sex...every time.....you take a chance on getting pregnant. Make sure you use every precaution there is out there if you do not want to me a Mother. Can't rely on the guy to have protection and birth control is not 100%. I do not believe yo uare pregnant, but you very well could be. If you have been on birth control for 5 years, it would seem slim. But then again I have no way of knowing, just know I answered you out of hundreds of others asking questions. Keep us posted! Cool
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Hey there!
Sounds like a slim chance that you are pregnant.
Test again if you can't wait for the results, with a higher test, or other brand.
Some tests aren't always accurate.
5 years on the pill, and neg test sounds pretty safe though so don't stress.
Like you've already been told though, if you can't accept having a chance of pregnancy, then the only way to push off being a mommy is to abstain.
The stress your bf puts on you with the worrys could also delay your period.
Sometimes your period skips, its not likely after a regular 5 years of b\c but who knows.
Keep a clear mind, the blood tests in, not much more you can do now. What's done is done.
Whatever happens, best of luck, you'll be fine.
Keep us posted please!
|

replied February 14th, 2009
I am 1 day late- with negative pregnancy test!!
hi,
me and my partner have been trying to get pregnant for over 2 months. i have been timing ovulation and we have been having regular intercourse during my cycle. i was due on yesterday and decided to take a test. the test immediately came back negative. my period still hasnt arrived and i dont feel like i am going to come on although i have mild cramping, my boobs r sore and i am feeling a little queezy...although this cud b due to being so aprehensive...could i be pregnant even with a negative test?? :s xxx
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, you could still be pregnant with a negative test.

Wait another week or so and test again. Smile

Good luck!
|

Both cases
The only 100% test for a pregnancy test is an ultrasound. Both of you should repeat the test in a couple of weeks to a month. Differentbutsweet, the blood test is also really sensitive, so, well shake from head to toe and go get the results. When you see the low value (negative) then laugh your head off. If it's positive (high value) then get yourself alone and think real well about stuff. Then go talk to your boyfriend, all his freaking out won't help you at all in the first few hours of the result. xlynzoldroydx, keep trying, when you least expect it: POSITIVE. Enjoy, you'll love being called mommy.
|

replied August 20th, 2013
I've also been on the contraceptive pill since having my son 3 years ago. My periods however always come on time. I'm studying at the moment and now is my a good Time for me to have a baby, however, I will love and cherish a child if I have fallen pregnant.
My story is I stopped my pill for the break wed morning which means I should have taken period Friday morning (this has always Been the case) however, I had dark brown discharge for a couple of days and no period has came, this makes me now 4 days late and I'm too scared to test Sad any ideas?
|