Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Update: Horrible Night

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
ok
so i just got back from the OB

shes sending me to a lab to do bloodwork which i have to do anytime by friday
but she checked me down there and did a pap test and said my UTI that i had before should and is most likely gone.

so the doctor told me its most likely a strain on my back from the growing baby. i asked her if its possible to be hurting like this so early in the pregnancy and she said yeah its normal. and she also said the tight pinchy feeling and pressure i get in my lower abdomen is from my uterus stretching.
so thats good news

thanks everyone for your help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well I guess that that is good news. Hopefully it will go away soon. You are in your second trimester, this is when you are supposed to feel your best!

Do you know what she is checking your blood for Question
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
no but on the paers she gave me to take to the blood lab it says sickle scrn and GYN chem profile and OB complete
whatever that doctor stuff means
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Update: Horrible Night
the_girlfreind wrote:
ok

but she checked me down there and did a pap test and said my UTI that i had before should and is most likely gone.

so the doctor told me its most likely a strain on my back from the growing baby. i asked her if its possible to be hurting like this so early in the pregnancy and she said yeah its normal. and she also said the tight pinchy feeling and pressure i get in my lower abdomen is from my uterus stretching.
so thats good news

just to say that i had repeated uti's and kidney infections throughout my pregnancies and sometimes the strip test they do doesn't catch them properly. hopefully it will show up in your blood though
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Update: Horrible Night
beckster wrote:
the_girlfreind wrote:
ok

so thats good news

just to say that i had repeated uti's and kidney infections throughout my pregnancies and sometimes the strip test they do doesn't catch them properly. hopefully it will show up in your blood though

thanks so muc that makes me feel better to know theres not something wrong with just me lol
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2007
Supporter
owww i remember the pain down low on both sides the round ligament pain was the worse. but the peanut is ok right.
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
candita sky wrote:
owww i remember the pain down low on both sides the round ligament pain was the worse. but the peanut is ok right.

yup the penut is ok Smile
last night i slept better atleast
but my foot hurt sooooo badly
i kept getting pains in my feet and fingers
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2007
Experienced User
the strips they use NEVER work for me. i have had 2 UTI's and neither were caught by the strips. and the last one i ended up in the hospital for cramping and contractions. i think i might have another one too...
i am glad everything is ok for you!!!
|