Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

When Will My Belly Get Bigger???

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I want to know when will my belly get bigger? I am 24 weeks and still rather small in the waist. Can you ladies tell me when do you get bigger?
They say I'll get really big in the 6th month is that right?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
it's different for everyone. nobody can tell you when you'll get bigger.

i didn't pop out until 35 weeks. i never got big and i ended up having a big baby.

a girl i work with is only 12 weeks and she's already noticeably pregnant (it's her 2nd).

don't worry, it'll happen eventually. try not to compare yourself to others.
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
it depends on your size and shape and how you end up carrying the baby. some women don't show as much as others if they are tall, for example, because they have more room between their ribs and hips so the baby doesn't stick out as much. i think when your uterus gets too big to fit in your pelvic cavity anymore it will lift up and out and you will notice a change. that's what they mean when they say your belly "pops" out.
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
With my first pregnancy I didn't begin to show until 7 months. Then for my second I started to show around 4 months. Now I am 17 wks pregnant and I started showing at 11wks. So I think everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. Trust me when you pop you will pop and you will probably feel huge, especially if you are tiny to begin with.
|

replied May 22nd, 2010
stop wingin its not fun having a massive belly anyway as long as you know the babys ok just enjoy it. plus youll feel really smug when babs is born and people say they never even knew you were pregnant i felt great when my next door neighbour said it to me.
|