Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Osteosarcoma Research

Hi I'm doing a research on the types of cancers, My cousin has a some kind of tumor, and we still dont have the results from the extensive testing that they did on him. So is osteosarcoma dangerous and what is osteoplastic ? Are they terminal illnesses ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Osteosarcoma Research
gildawe wrote:
Hi I'm doing a research on the types of cancers, My cousin has a some kind of tumor, and we still dont have the results from the extensive testing that they did on him. So is osteosarcoma dangerous and what is osteoplastic ? Are they terminal illnesses ?

Osteosarcoma is a malignant bone cancer, usually seen in children and adolescents. The usual location for tumor is the leg, particularly the femur.
What makes this illness terminal are metastases that occur in lungs and liver.Affected bone can be replace with a metal prosthesis during limb-sparing surgery. Chemoterapy is also given to kill tumor cells and stop them to spread.Patients with osteosarcoma are best managed by a medical oncologist and an orthopedic oncologist experienced in managing sarcomas. Osteosarcoma has one of the lowest survival rates for pediatric cancer.
|
Did you find this post helpful?