Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Laparscopic Hernia Surgery

Hi there. I had laparscopic hernia surgery a week ago. I'm self employed so I don't have to go to work like every day, but eventually I should start doing my job. so i was curious how long should i stay in bed and what are the risks that I'm taking if I don't. How dangerous it can be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 8th, 2007
My Turn Going In!
I'm wondering how this poster or others with laparoscopic procedures recovered.

I go in on Wednesday and have read a little about what to expect. This is my third hernia repair for a second hernia. From twin pregnancy, I have diastasis recti and seem to be a "hernia former" (poor collagen linkage formation). The first repair was for an anterior hernia--simple mesh repair. The second was because the mesh became infected--more than a year later. It was under general and involved a couple days of definite pain-killer usage.

So, this time it's laparoscopy and a larger mesh, shoring up most of the diastasis. I expect a day of CO2 absorbtion-related discomfort and then I hope to be able to start walking around town. How long have folks experienced discomfort and disruption of normal householder-type activities?

Any runners out there? How soon can one start jogging after this sort of surgery?

Thanks!
|

replied December 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It Depends
Hi there
kpomer...congratulations on the twins:)

It all depends on what the doctor finds when he/she does the operation. I had a hernia in which it turned into an open repair due to complications from scar tissue.

AS you unfortunately have already experienced a bad mesh implant you are aware of the problems that develop.

Please the both of you be careful of these meshes they are using. They cause a lot of lifetime problems. I am not exaggerating about this. I mentioned this before about researching mesh implants for hernias.
I have nerve damage as do many others. Some have intestinal issue the list goes on and on. I am not trying to scare anyone but please do your homework about the meshes.
|
Tags: hernia, surgery
Quick Reply