Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

Extremely Dry Skin

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
Does anyone have any suggestions regarding extemely dry skin. Have tried using very rich moisterizers but wonder if there is any internal supplement that would help or even perhaps incoporating olive oil into the diet every day. Everything else seems to be under control.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper otter_raven
|

replied April 15th, 2004
Good question. I have just been using extra lotion. I wonder if a touch of some kind of an oil might me usefull too?
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied April 15th, 2004
Experienced User
I Have a Possible Remedy.
If you believe in alternative medicine, then follow this. If not, you don't have to. Its just a suggestion.

There are 12 tissue salts in homeopathic medicine. They say these salts are found in every cell in the body and when the balance of any one salt is disturbed, the body shows symptoms of sickness.

One cell salt, nat mur (sodium chloride) is responsible for distribution of water throughout the body. Lack of this salt leads to over dry skin in some parts of the body. Also another symptom is a craving for salty foods.

Nat mur is available in health food stores. Costs under $10 and is worth a try.
No possible side effect and a possible cure for your problem.

Good luck....
If you do try it and it works, let me know....
|

replied April 18th, 2004
Dry Skin
Try burt's bees apricot baby oil mixed with vitamin e oil from pharmacy or health food store. (do 2/3 baby oil 1/3 e oil) it is amazing, especially around eye area.
|

replied April 19th, 2004
Experienced User
a Question
Hey holly, I have been burning the midnight oil. Been going to bed around 4 am and getting 5 hours sleep. Also been smoking now and then.
I am starting to develop a slight circle under my left eye.
Did you try this remedy (baby oil and vit e) yourself and did it do something for the eye area?

Thanks for the tip!
|

replied July 20th, 2006
Re: Extremely Dry Skin
angela1949 wrote:
does anyone have any suggestions regarding extemely dry skin. Have tried using very rich moisterizers but wonder if there is any internal supplement that would help or even perhaps incoporating olive oil into the diet every day. Everything else seems to be under control.

hi there!

I get dry and cracked heels and also dry elbows that hurt even when nothing is touching them. So far i've found the only thing that works for me is olive magic. I put it on once to twice daily. I'm very happy with it. It has only olive oil and beeswax and smells mildly of beeswax.

Good luck!

Sharon
|

replied September 30th, 2007
Dry Skin
P.S.
Meant to add that baby oils contain synthetic mineral oils and seem to make the skin just as dry, in the long run.
Look for pure, plant based baby or massage oils;
Buxom.
|

replied November 28th, 2007
Dry Skin
I have a great remedy for dry skin, whipped shea butter, which lasts me all winter, questions?
|

replied March 28th, 2008
its CHEAP!!!
try castor oil its cheap and it lasts long time, also good on stretch marks,too let me know
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2008
I have 2 suggestions:

Vanicream: My dermatologist recommended it for very dry skin. It's a thick cream and has no additives. The only place I've been able to buy it is behind the counter at Sam's Club Pharmacy. But you do not need a prescription.

Sweet Almond Oil: Yes this is an oil, but I love how soft it makes my skin feel. It can be purchased at a health store as a massage oil. However, I get mine at a better grocery store from the cooking oil area. I like that one due to it's purity. As a matter of fact, Sweet Almond Oil is used as a basis for many lotions and creams. It also makes for a great lubricant for sex.
|

replied March 31st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I use a product called midlife ease by Jarrow Formulas. I have used every topical treatment out there from drug store brands to natural products to prescription products. None worked and most aggravated the situation and make it worse. I did my research and came to the conclusion that the itch was hormonal and tried this product. Works like a charm. I am now itch free and have more lotions, moistuizers, creams and potions than I can use in my life time!
|

replied August 18th, 2008
My dry skin...
I met someone that sells goat milk soap. So i think this is BS but i told her that i needed something extra and she made me special bars with MUCH goat mild and loads of Shea butter with HEmp oil........she is a nurse and I tried it and it was MAGIC!

She will make a special soap with an e-mail from the web store.....(I asked and she told me whe would love the biz)....but anyway order and send an e-mail.....use it for a week......sheck it out....there is no real problem......

Good luck!

Cured
|

replied August 18th, 2008
the address!
OH! it is chicoryridgefarm.com the web site!

Andrea
|

replied September 17th, 2008
Dry Skin?
message that good looking guy at chicoryridgefarm.com

he will make you a custom remedy on request or you can find Your remedy on the remedy page.......WORKS!

David
|

replied February 19th, 2009
Blue Green Algae
I encountered this Aubrey Organics skincare line at an event I attended. I'd been familiar with their company for years, but had not ever tried their products until recently.

I have very dry skin - to the point that it flakes off my face like dandruff (I know that is gross). But it's combination skin. On a rare occasion, it will break out like oily skin. So, the woman I spoke to gave me a free travel kit for their Blue Green Algae line and in two days, my face felt like a baby's butt. No kidding. I've since bought full-size bottles and can't live without it. It's been a wonderful - truly wonderful - product to use.

|

replied May 12th, 2009
Dry skin and cracked fingers and heels
I really suffer every winter especially from cracking skin round my thumb and after years (literally) of trying different products I found a company on the internet called Porter's Lotion and their original lotion has made an enormous difference to both thumb and heels. They also do lots of other lovely things too.
|

replied May 12th, 2009
AntiOxiDerm
I have personally formulated this product and it will hydrate dry skin, while improving the health of the skin.

|

replied September 18th, 2009
I searched everywhere at the start of this year to find something for my dry skin because my thumb and first finger kept splitting and getting really sore. Now that I am in my fifties, I have noticed all my skin getting drier and drier and even flaky. Anyway, I searched on the internet and found Porter's Lotion in USA. I was intrigued and got a bottle. Well, no word of a lie, in just 3 days I noticed the difference everywhere! I simply can't believe how brilliant this stuff is. So give it a try. There is a supplier in the UK now too.
|

replied August 3rd, 2010
Dry skin
I used a cream I found in hubbies bathroom cupboard called NONAME! It is a shaving balm made by a natural cosmetics expert for a friend of his. The stuff is miraculous. I run a beauty salon and I've never come accross anything like it before.
|

replied August 19th, 2010
Vaseline....my skin after using it looks so much better.
|
Tags: skin, Menopause, Diet
Quick Reply