Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

There's No Right Way! (Page 1)

User Profile
There’s no right way to do a wrong thing. You can justify it, paint it different colors but it’s still black and white, there’s no right way to do a wrong thing...

Words from a Song by Toby Keith
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: There's No Right Way!
meblonde01 wrote:
There’s no right way to do a wrong thing. You can justify it, paint it different colors but it’s still black and white, there’s no right way to do a wrong thing...

But what is 'wrong' can differ from person to person and culture to culture.
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Experienced User
name a culture where its "right" to kill a fetus
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
EklipseX wrote:

Any culture where abortion is not illegal. It may not be 'right' in your eyes or in my eyes but it is not 'wrong' by the standards of many Western societies.
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
meblonde01 wrote:

Great, now we're taking words of wisdom from a highly commercialized recording artist out to make a buck.

"And you’ll be sorry that you messed with
The U.S. of A.
`Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass
It`s the American way"

From another song by Toby Keith
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Birch wrote:
meblonde01 wrote:

Great, now we're taking words of wisdom from a highly commercialized recording artist out to make a buck.

The U.S. of A.
It`s the American way"

He forgot to add that Britain's prime minister will tag along, kissing the halfwit president's ass all the way.
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Birch wrote:
meblonde01 wrote:

The U.S. of A.
It`s the American way"

I like the words.. Even if it was said by a non country singer.. Smile I would still like the words.. I just made it a point to let everyone know where the words come from so I wasn't accused of making them my words like in the past Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I can't think of a culture, but I can think of plenty of situations....
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
EklipseX wrote:

The prochoice culture.

Jules wrote:
He forgot to add that Britain's prime minister will tag along, kissing the halfwit president's ass all the way.

*snicker*

I think you're actually bringing "halfwits" down there. Wink
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Jules wrote:
Birch wrote:
meblonde01 wrote:

The U.S. of A.
It`s the American way"

Now now, ladies, let's not mess with the "Decider" or he might go "Commander-guy" on your ass! Laughing
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Experienced User
Jules wrote:
meblonde01 wrote:

You are exactly right. You see; it used to be that Gods word was our authority and moral backbone. Through the years and the complete secularization of societys and a take God outta everything in society and "im my own God" attitude; there is no moral authority.
Who is to say anything is wrong. No God.......No-thing is wrong.
Abortion becomes okay. Homosexuallity becomes okay. A have sex with whomever and whenever you want attitude is okay. What next??
The lack of morality and God's ultimate authority in this world is disgusting but also predicted in his word.
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
god isn't a part of this debate.

and who are you to say that homosexuals can't be together? thats not your call to make.
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
milletics wrote:
Jules wrote:
meblonde01 wrote:

You are exactly right. You see; it used to be that Gods word was our authority and moral backbone. Through the years and the complete secularization of societys and a take God outta everything in society and "im my own God" attitude; there is no moral authority.
Abortion becomes okay. Homosexuallity becomes okay. A have sex with whomever and whenever you want attitude is okay. What next??
The lack of morality and God's ultimate authority in this world is disgusting but also predicted in his word.

When "God's word" was our authority (and I'm assuming you mean USA) people were burned at the stake, whites were not allowed to marry blacks, slavery was condoned, Native Americans were seen as less than human-their lands stolen, their livelihood destroyed, women were property, children forced into labor, education was for the priviledged, women could be a nurse or a teacher, the mentally ill were shut away forever, pregnant women weren't allowed in public, pregnant teens were shipped away in shame, double standards between men and women were abundant, anyone who was different was cast away from the self-righteous, et cetera, et cetera.

People who long for the "good old days" when there was "moral authority" forget what those good old days were actually all about. Perhaps we are living in a time Jesus would agree with- Love they neighbor.
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
milletics wrote:
Jules wrote:
meblonde01 wrote:

yup.. and before long people will be able to marry their sisters and brothers, mothers and fathers because they feel that is their sexual preference..
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
meblonde01 wrote:
milletics wrote:
Jules wrote:
meblonde01 wrote:

yup.. and before long people will be able to marry their sisters and brothers, mothers and fathers because they feel that is their sexual preference..

The "slippery slope" argument was also used to justify miscegenation laws as well.

How interesting that prolife advocates do not advocate equality once out of the womb.
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Honestly, ignoring the "ick" factor... why is it wrong for close relatives to marry? It is "wrong" because their offspring have a higher chance of having genetic anomalies. So honestly, as long as close relatives didn't have children together, there would be nothing wrong with it...

Just food for though.
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Eiri wrote:
Honestly, ignoring the "ick" factor... why is it wrong for close relatives to marry? It is "wrong" because their offspring have a higher chance of having genetic anomalies. So honestly, as long as close relatives didn't have children together, there would be nothing wrong with it...

Just food for thought.

I'm with you there.

People get these hang ups implanted in them by godknowswho, and they don't stop to really think about it.
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Eiri wrote:

Just food for though.

maybe some just can't get pass the ick factor!
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Experienced User
Ick ick ick! I don't check on this conversation for a day and look where it ended up! Lol.

I think that it has been considered wrong for close relatives to marry for so many centuries, in many religions and cultures that it's ingrained. Plus it's icky.

It's illegal in Ontario. When I applied for our marriage license I had to raise my right hand and solemly swear that my fiance and I were not closely related (and also swear that the information on our application was truthful).
|

replied July 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Anne123 wrote:
Ick ick ick! I don't check on this conversation for a day and look where it ended up! Lol.

I think that it has been considered wrong for close relatives to marry for so many centuries, in many religions and cultures that it's ingrained. Plus it's icky.

It's illegal in Ontario. When I applied for our marriage license I had to raise my right hand and solemly swear that my fiance and I were not closely related (and also swear that the information on our application was truthful).

But why is it icky!?
|
12 >>