Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

swollen lymph nodes and high white cell count

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define anemia...plus more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
User Profile
Seemingly overnight, my lymph nodes got painfully swollen. When I stood up I felt dizzy and nauseated. I was in bed for a good 3 days, and when I was awake I felt like I was falling very fast. I went to the doctor and had several tests, and the only result I got back was that I had a "high white cell count". Anybody know what this could be? I also had a fever of 102 or so.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 20th, 2008
High WBC
Get a copy of your latest blood test. perferably go back until your WBC were normal. The test should list a breakdown of the components. try to isolate which is level is out of the normal. That will lead to what is the problem. If only your 'Lymphs" are out of the normal range then this could be signs on lymphnoma. either way after you get your latest lab results if they are way outside the norm see a hemotologist.

good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?