Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Taking the Morning After Pill Too Late.

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex last wednesday at 1am, it was on accident, he was going to put a condom on and then we decided I would take the morning after pill the next day, but the free clinic in town wouldn't let me take it there because we had been there a year ago for the same thing ( you only get it once I guess ) the next day we both worked until 11pm and went to the walmart nearby that is open 24/7 but an employee said they only sold it in the pharmacy part..I ended up getting it the next day..It said you can take the pill within 72 hours..I took the first pill 66 hours after the unprotected sex, and the second pill was 78 hours after, so I'm worried the second one did not count. I know it's too early to take a pregnancy test, but I'm very afraid that I might be pregnate, I don't remember when my period is due.

I would love any advice anyone has to give me on this,
thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Taking the Morning After Pill Too Late.
nmwiluJessica05 wrote:
My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex last wednesday at 1am, it was on accident, he was going to put a condom on and then we decided I would take the morning after pill the next day


what?! where is the logic in this?!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry but why didn't he just put the condom on! It seems that that would have been a much better idea. The morning after pill is not supposed to be used as a form of birth control. If you are more comfortable taking pills than go on birth control.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 8th, 2007
Experienced User
These things happen. I don't know if taking the second pill after the 72 hours would decrease its effectiveness, but that's something you should call your doctor about. I've been told that you can now take both pills at the same time because it's more convenient and hasn't been shown to reduce the effectiveness. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 10th, 2007
Re: Taking the Morning After Pill Too Late.
BridgetHeartsFinn wrote:
nmwiluJessica05 wrote:
My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex last wednesday at 1am, it was on accident, he was going to put a condom on and then we decided I would take the morning after pill the next day


what?! where is the logic in this?!


Yes, it happened we didn't plan on it working out that way, he was going to put one on but it was already too late, thats why i said it was an accident..Which is why I took the morning after pill, I didn't mean to word it like that above..We didnt not use a condom and decide that i could take the pill the next day, it happened by mistake, we're only 18 and 20 we do act dumb and make mistakes
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Taking the Morning After Pill Too Late.
nmwiluJessica05 wrote:
BridgetHeartsFinn wrote:
nmwiluJessica05 wrote:
My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex last wednesday at 1am, it was on accident, he was going to put a condom on and then we decided I would take the morning after pill the next day


what?! where is the logic in this?!


Yes, it happened we didn't plan on it working out that way, he was going to put one on but it was already too late, thats why i said it was an accident..Which is why I took the morning after pill, I didn't mean to word it like that above..We didnt not use a condom and decide that i could take the pill the next day, it happened by mistake, we're only 18 and 20 we do act dumb and make mistakes


I understand, people sometimes make stupid mistakes at the heat of the moment (as they say). Anyways the although the pill does indicate that it is only effective up to 72 hours, several studies indicate that it can prevent pregnancy up to 120 hours. You can read this in www.plannedparenthood.org. Although, taking it later will decrease in effectivness. I guess you would fine for now. It is always wise to take a pregnancy test later if you happen to be late for your period.

Although I would advice you to look on other BC options that would not interrupt the spontaneity of sex since it seems that condoms does not seem fit for you guys. But before disregarding condoms, I would suggest that both of you should get tested if you haven't yet. Since STI's are not something you want to mess around.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 4th, 2012
not taking the morning after pill early enough but not too late
you are all being trolls here. This is not apiscopal christian forums about "help im mad my man wont wear a condom" this is a medical question, about a legitimate physical issue that needs to be dealth with. Just like a person who is needing to get off alcohpokl going to the rehab. YES it is VERY VERY likley the pills worked you MIGHT want to take another course, especially if you go to not2late.com they have a lis of all the birth control pills too that are able to be taken in courses that will also prevent pregnancy. People here who dog you about this most likley are pro life fanatics looking to bother here or they themselves WISH they wouldnt have the kid they do right now tugging at their strings while they are on the comp, are resentful about it, and so they take anger out this way. I am SURE so so many would have done it who reply to you here if it was them. This is not your boyfriends fault, or yours, this happens, fertilization happens, and it can be and has been stopped since it has been able to happen. First naturally, now more effectivley.
|
Did you find this post helpful?