Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Lump (pimple Like) Near the Vagina Opening, Please Help Me!

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi everybody, I just found out 2 days ago that there is a pimple like lump near the opening of my vagina, it's almost between the vagina and the anus which lies a little bit to the right side. It's about half a cm, No redness (just skin color) feels hard, and it hurts only a little when i press it down, does anybody know what kind of lump this is? could it be cancer? I will go to dr, however i just want to know if any knows about this, so i dont have to go to the Dr. if it's gonna be disappeared....please let me know , i'm so worry!
thanks a lot
lady3t
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lady3t
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I doubt it's cancer. It could just be a pimple. Tough for us to say. You'll have to wait until you go to the doctor to know for sure.
|

replied July 8th, 2007
You know you can get pimples down there as well!! I would suggest talking to your dr. about the problem, because we cant see the area, its hurt to tell!! good luck. keep us updated...would like to know what the dr. says.
|

replied April 22nd, 2008
Does anyone else has a further explaination toward my condition? b/c recently, i have this same lump appear at the same spot! I wanted to go to the dr. however, it went away, and i thought, it was just a pimple, therefore i didn't take the chance to go to the dr., but it shows up again at the same spot for about 3 times already....It doesn't look like Herpes virus symptoms nor warts. I am a pharmacy student, therefore i do recoginze these conditions. But with this situation, I am very worry....PLease help..(and please don't criticize me that i should know better to go to the dr. that b/c i'm a pharmacy student, i have no time, but i will definitely go to the dr. soon when it reppears, but in a mean time, please help me!!)
|

replied April 2nd, 2009
k -lou
hiya is it normal to have hard lumps near the opening of the vigina and have a few of them, and a slighty sore throat ?
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
the lump could very well be a cyst. I get them and they run in my family. Cyst may turn into cancer but very unlikly.
|

replied September 28th, 2011
hi. i am dealing with the exact same situation in exact same detail. there is a small hard bump near the opening of my vaginal area. i waited to see if it would go away but it hasen't and its been there for a few weeks now. i am really worried and scared to go to the doctor but i know i have to go.
|

replied September 28th, 2011
i am dealing with the same thing ive looked everywhere it doesn't seem to be a std symptom but it feels uncomfortable to me anybody got any news
|

replied December 10th, 2011
please help
I have two very tiny white dots near my urethra in slightly swolen its very painful to pee and i am a lil scared iv had painful urination for the past week or so and these dots just showed up yesterday i am sexualy active please please help
|

replied April 4th, 2012
It's probably nothing...
@plz101

That, with best case (and most likely case) senerio is just a urinary tract infection. I had one 2 years ago, and your symptoms match mine. I, however, wasn't sexually active, so drink cranberry juice (LOADS of it, even if you don't like it, it helps a lot) and wait another week. Don't engage in any sex (God, I sound like my teacher) or activities. None. And if, in a week, it hasn't helped even a little bit, you NEED a doctor.

If it does work, feel safe to go to the doctor, say what you feel and he'll give you a prescription that'll make it clear up in a week or so.
|

replied April 24th, 2013
Still
Any news on this?
|

replied June 7th, 2013
I have a hard like pimple and the head is white.? inoticed 2 weeks beforr but 2 days ago it started itching. i tried popping it and its hard and it hurts trying to pop it and it hurts since it.by the urethra in my vigina. please help! it itches and i see white little tiny tiny pea like pimples near the clit. dont critisize please !!! p.s. idont have a doc's applintment until july 5th. please help im scared !
|

replied July 10th, 2013
Pimple/Cyst near vaginal area
I also have a similar issue with a pimple/cyst on the right side between my vagina and anus! It's been there for 10 days! The size is roughly size of a large cherry! The first day I noticed it I tried to pop it and I actually got out some puss like white/ cream colored! Stayed big and skin colored till today and I tried again to pop it and I got yellowish puss and light colored blood come out! Not too much!! Still lumpy but feels like its slowly shrinking! Will this ever go away or will more crap come out? Getting worried
|

replied July 13th, 2013
Sebaceous cysts
It is not uncommon for women to fear that these bumps or lumps under the skin may be genital herpes. The fact is that genital herpes creates a completely different kind of sore -- a blister-type sore that eventually becomes crusty -- not just a bump or lump under the skin. Very often, after careful inspection by a qualified health care professional, these under-the-skin bumps and lumps are found to be sebaceous cysts which are sometimes called epidermal cysts.

Although sebaceous cysts are usually found on the face, neck, and trunk, they also many times occur in the vaginal area or other parts of the genitalia of both women and men.

Sebaceous cysts are usually painless, slow-growing small bumps or lumps that move freely under the skin. It's important not to touch or try to remove the substance inside to prevent tenderness, swelling, and infection of a sebaceous cyst.
What is a sebaceous cyst?
A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance. A foul odor is also often present in the substance called keratin which fills sebaceous cysts. Keratin is a protein that creates the sac of cells called sebaceous cysts. The bumps or lumps you can feel under your skin are actually the sac of cells.
What causes sebaceous cysts?
Sebaceous cysts are often the result of swollen hair follicles, or skin trauma.
What are the symptoms of sebaceous cysts?
Small lumps or bumps that occur just under the skin of the vagina, genitalia, breast, abdomen, face, neck, or elsewhere on the body are the most common symptom of sebaceous cysts.
Occasionally infections may occur. Signs or symptoms that may indicate infection of sebaceous cysts include:

redness

tenderness

increased temperature of the skin over the bumps or lumps

greyish white, cheesy, foul smelling material draining from the bump or lump
How are sebaceous cysts diagnosed ?
Sebaceous cysts are usually easily diagnosed by their appearance to the trained eye. In some cases, a biopsy may be necessary to rule out other conditions with a similar appearance.
Treatments for sebaceous cysts
Sebaceous cysts most often disapear on their own and are not dangerous. Occasionally, they may become inflamed and tender. Sometimes sebaceous cysts grow large that they may interfere with your everyday life. When this happens, surgical removal in your health care provider's office may be necessary. Small inflamed cysts can often be treated by injection of steroid medications or with antibiotics.
Complications of sebaceous cysts
Sebaceous cysts may occasionally become infected and form into painful abscesses. It is important when sebaceous cysts are surgically removed that the entire sac is excised to help prevent a recurrence. However, it's important to note that sebaceous cyst recurrence in not unusual.
Remember to consult your health care provider anytime you notice any type of growth, bump, or lump on your body. Although sebaceous cysts are not dangerous, your doctor should examine you to ensure that skin cancer is not present.
|

replied July 24th, 2013
I have been getting various under the skin lumps around the outside of my vagina for about a year now. Sometimes they itch, sometimes they're very tender, and sometimes they get quite large, but they always leave eventually. Earlier today I noticed blood in that area and saw that I have a purplish bruise about the size of a pea with an opening where blood had come out. I felt around and was not surprised to find a small lump underneath. I have experienced a little bleeding in the past but never any bruises! Sad I wish they would go away. I've never even had sex before and I experience this, it makes me afraid to try and worried it would gross out my future significance other if it ever gets bad like this when I'm with him Sad
|

replied October 1st, 2013
I have literally the EXACT same thing happening. Did you ever figure out what it was? I am afraid to go to the doctor because im afraid to find out if it is something bad Sad
|

replied October 1st, 2013
I have literally the EXACT same thing happening. Did you ever figure out what it was? I am afraid to go to the doctor because im afraid to find out if it is something bad Sad
|

replied September 1st, 2013
Problems in my blood
I get them, but the first time that I had one it was when I got my first period. And I get them also when I'm strestout. But my or painful my mid sister get them to my mom and I also. My mom told me that we have a this tape of bacteria in the blood. Not to worry about it. I don't know if this can help you. ?
|