Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Scented Tampons

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Ok, i hear sented tampons are bad for you is this true?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I never had a problem using them. Personally I preferred them because I hate the smell of my menses. Now I have a divacup so it doesn't matter, but yeah! Scented tampons for the win!

However... if you are allergy prone or have sensitive skin, you may get irritated from scented tampons. They're not for everyone.
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Scented pads and tampons can increase your chances of getting infections down there.
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Experienced User
Yeah, ive heard that they can mess with your hormones from one of my old "friends" at school whos mom was a doctor and wouldnt lt her use them... But i hate the smell otherwise....

Hmm just thought i would ask what other people think of sented and un sented tampons...

Hey, this is a "dumb" question, but i cant find another post that answers it, what are the chances of getting pregnant while having your period? Or can you get pregnant if all the stuff is comming out? Like how would the sperm get up there if everything is working against it?

Just wondering....
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I don't think any tampon can mess with your hormones; I wouldn't believe that.

Yes, you can get pregnant on your period even if all that stuff is coming out.
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, tampons increase you chances of getting infections, but it isn't because they do anything to your hormones.

Yes, you certainly get pregnant during your period. It all depends on when you ovulate. Even if the blood is flowing out, the sperm can still swim up. After all, discharge comes out when we're not on our period, yet sperm can still make it up there.
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Experienced User
Haha its amazing what sperm does : )
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i think putting scent to stink makes it worse so i always go unscented. What they need to put on tampons/pads is good odor neutralizers.
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Experienced User
Seriously... WHy havent they thought of that yet?
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
arent some women allergic to those scented ones?
|

replied July 10th, 2007
Experienced User
Ya, one of my old friends was and got a really bad infection... because she was so allergic....
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
nightangel73 wrote:
i think putting scent to stink makes it worse so i always go unscented. What they need to put on tampons/pads is good odor neutralizers.

Same here. It probably depends on preferences and maybe even somewhat on each woman's slightly unique smell. For me, scented stuff often just smells like perfume and stink combined. Laughing
|
Quick Reply