Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Hit By a Softball

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
I play softball and got hit by a ball. The bruise is gone but there is still a big knot. What should I do??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
You did not mention where you were hit, if it were me, I'd have it looked at by a primary care physican. Even if it turns out to be ok, you at least went and had it checked before it had the opportunity to get worse! Laughing
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Re: Hit By a Softball
achester wrote:
I play softball and got hit by a ball. The bruise is gone but there is still a big knot. What should I do??

Was hit on left foot midway between ankle and calf on the inside of leg. It is coming up on two weeks and most of the purpleish bruiseing is fading away but the only thing in question is the hard lump that has stayed. The size of the knot is about the size of a half dollar coin........ any thoughts????????
|

replied July 12th, 2009
Achster, I missed a throw also, playing 1st base. I too have a knot on my leg above my ankle. It has been 5 weeks, and I don't know what the knot is. Did you ever figure out what it was?
|

replied August 3rd, 2010
U would might wanna go to the doctor to check it or you can check it urself if ur good at it ;/ Just put an icepack on were you got hit. It would make it better the next few days. I got hit once it didn't do anything to me so yeah . (:
|
Quick Reply