Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Burning, Painful Kidneys ( Help Please )

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I've always been a bit overweight, nothing HUGE just 20 - 40 pounds over, nothing big.

Anyways lately I've noticed a horrible pain down where my Kidneys are, It usually happens after I eat something fatty like Mc Donalds or Pizza.

At first I thought it might just be something that would pass but it's getting more common.

The only way I can describe this pain is a burning feeling or as if someone is grabbing your Kidney and scrunching it up in their hand. Confused

I drink a HEAP of water, usually 4 litres a day or more ( I'm a very Thirsty Guy ) and my Diet is usually pretty good.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Zkid
|

replied July 28th, 2007
Re: Burning, Painful Kidneys ( Help Please )
Zkid wrote:
I've always been a bit overweight, nothing HUGE just 20 - 40 pounds over, nothing big.

Anyways lately I've noticed a horrible pain down where my Kidneys are, It usually happens after I eat something fatty like Mc Donalds or Pizza.

At first I thought it might just be something that would pass but it's getting more common.

The only way I can describe this pain is a burning feeling or as if someone is grabbing your Kidney and scrunching it up in their hand. Confused

I drink a HEAP of water, usually 4 litres a day or more ( I'm a very Thirsty Guy ) and my Diet is usually pretty good.
best thing would be to have a doctor check it and then go from there.
|

replied June 17th, 2009
You might be drinking too much water which can strain the kidneys.

It is probably not the fat content, but the salt in those foods that is causing stress in your kidneys.

If there is pain, then there is most likely trauma. Try your best to adjust your diet to avoid the kidney pains.
|

replied September 5th, 2010
do you have your gall bladder? I had a like problem, and could have sworn it was kidneys, but one thing that will feel like kidney pain, can be simple lower back pain. While not overtly overwieght , just sitting in a chair or bad bed, will make the area around your kidneys hurt, and one would swear it was a kidney problem . If you Urine is "mellow yellow " then it is not kidneys. easily could be lumbar issues.

Drink 8 glasses of water a day, not excessively if you are trying to flush them. Hydration is good for you, but it can lead to problems if you are over doing it.

The Pizza Hut, McDonalds, or fatty foods raises the question of gall Bladder or Gall stones. A Gall Bladder problem, is usually triggered by fatty foods, and can come out of nowhere. The "crunched up feeling is what you would feel if you were having an attack, as it in many instances, feel exactly that way when it beomes "constritcted". You will feel it on YOUR right side, just below the ribs, you will feel it in the back at the Kidney area , and it can shoot across your chest, toward the left side, breast area. It can affect both sides of your back.

This would be my strong bet,as I had the same problem, swearing I had a kidney problem. The foods you describe is exactly what triggers it. Diet, meaning no to low fat food, eaten more frquently , rather than at one time will tell you. Fruits veggies, Grains, yes, bland stuff. Try that and see if that makes a difference. I bet it does. If can cause the chemical rise in your pancrease, so if you drink alcohol, or have been a heavily drinker or used to , stop until you get this checked. When the gall bladder gets bad enough, you will know it. Vomiting, extreme pain etc. Removal of the gall bladder is usually the result. You don't need it anyway ..Pancrease you do, and if you have this, I would stop drinking any alcohol until you get it checked. A simple blood test and a ultra sound will tell you.

Please see Dr, it is something you want to know, but if you are not a heavy drinker, try smaller meals, more often, little or no fat. Boring I know, but this sounds more like your problem, considering what triggers it.

As always, see a Dr if you have ongoing problems. Internet can guide you to some useful info, but it cant diagnoses you . Only a Dr can do that with Examination, tests etc. It sure sounds like gall bladder or gall stones, so a simple test, and change of diet will help in he mean time and eliminate or confirm the issue. Many things can make your Kidneys feel like they hurt, but it is usually one of the above. If you had KIDNEY stones, you will know it. No doubt. Again just the mention of the triggers, they are going to look right to your gall bladder. It is actually more common than you think.

Get it checked.

Good Luck
|

replied January 21st, 2011
Hi! Did u ever found out what whas your problem? I have the same symptom, burning pain on my left kindey, i will really apreciate any help, thank's
|
Quick Reply