Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Need Help Dont Know If Baby Is Alive Or Dead 19 Weeks

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
hi let me start off by saying that i am only 15 years old.. :[ i know thats very bad because i havent told my parents anything they will kick me out of the house and noone really knows how bad this will be when i tell them thats why i need ya'lls help.
i should be 19 weeks right now im just asuming i am pregnant..
i took a test 1 week after the day i had sex and it came back negative.
i soon realized that was too early to take a test.
i took on about a week ago and it came back negative too..
i read some things online that said thats too late to take a test because after 4 months home pregnancy tests are unreliable.
i have not been to a doctor nor have i told anyone about this except my best friend..
can i be pregnant even though both tests came back negative?
the reason i think i am is because i have started to show and my ovaries seem like they have come up plus they say when your pregnant some women who are having boys get some testosterome hormones in them and my stomach has gotten hairier.. weird huh?
thats why i think i am but i havent felt the baby move and im just wondering could the baby be dead inside of me?
if so, what happens?
i mean i am into sports and i have done things that you shouldnt do while pregnant so is there any way that that could have affected anything??
also through this time i lost 30 pounds..but i wanted too..i didnt realise that i could be pregnant when i did this..i just now started seeing my belly kind of grow like if i was pregnant..
please just help i mean i just want to know because i have not had my period since late january and its already july so even though both tests came out negative.,,i really blieve im pregnant but i am just not sure if its alive or dead..if i took a blood pregnancy test and it comes back negative does that mean it has died inside of me??
and if it comes back posotive is there still a chance it could be dead? i am just really confused about everything please help as much as you can and i will gladly appreciate it
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ok you HAVE to get to a doctor and tell someone! seriously! its bad if you wait!
do it for the sake of your baby and get there some way!!!

ok and you might not be pregnant
the symptoms hardly ever show and alot of girl freak out and theyer not even preg.!!!
if the tests came back neg. then your probly not but sometimes you need a blood test to make sure
if the baby had dies and you have a misscarriage you would know if you were 19 weeks
im 16 yrs old and 17 weeks pregnant.

how do you know your 19 weeks if you havent seen a doctor?
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
and if you had a misscarriage youd feel cramping and most of the time bleeding very heavily and chunky and deep red color

you need to go see a doctor
|

replied July 7th, 2007
ok thank you for the advice..
also i sent you an email because i didnt know you could just reply on this.. this is the first time i have been on this website..
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
lol yeah i wrote ya back
feel free to e mail me anytime ok?
im suzy by the way
|

replied July 7th, 2007
ok :]
and i am sabrina..
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yeah i know you must be frusterated...wheres the boy who got u preg.?
are you together? does he know?
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
you have to go to the doctor period.
if you are or even if you are not if you havent had a period since january you need to be seen. you can go to a planned parenthood and your parents would not need to know.
if you did have a dead fetus inside you, you can and will suffer serious harm to your body. you could die from this.

all i can say is that there is nothing anyone can do for you, you have to see a doctor.

and if you are pregnant, its normal not to feel the baby move until 21 weeks.

seriously see a doctor.
|

replied July 7th, 2007
me and him broke up about a month ago..
we still talked everyday until i told him about a week ago and he said to leave him alone and that its not his..
i told him thats why i didnt want to tell you and he then said go get an abortion and dont tell anyone that its his..
some guy, huh?
hes a jerk.
i havent talked to him since then.
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Let me just say that you're probably not pregnant. Everyone goes through wierd scares like this when they are young. You do need to see a doctor though if you haven't had a period since January. Go to a planned parenthood or tell your mom. In my opinion, it would be better to go ahead and tell your parents because either way you are going to need some help. It would be much less stressful to have an adult with you who has some idea of what's going on.
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I agree with the above poster. You're probably not pregnant. By now, a home pregnancy test would definitely come back positive. You should see a doctor to investigate why your period is missing. It could be a result of a change in diet & exercise (you say you've lost weight), thyroid issues, or PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome--this often causes periods to become highly erratic).

If you've been losing weight unhealthily (eat too few calories, exercising too much), if you're now underweight for your height, that can cause periods to cease. I lost my periods for over a year while in college due to anorexia. Once my weight got below 105 lb., I didn't have any more periods.
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Need Help Dont Know If Baby Is Alive Or Dead 19 Weeks
southsider wrote:

can i be pregnant even though both tests came back negative?

It's highly unlikely. I haven't heard anything about pregnancy tests becoming unreliable after 4 months. It tests the level of hcq in your blood, which is a pregnancy hormone, so rather than becoming inaccurate, I'd think they become more accurate as the months go by

Quote:
the reason i think i am is because i have started to show and my ovaries seem like they have come up plus they say when your pregnant some women who are having boys get some testosterome hormones in them and my stomach has gotten hairier.. weird huh?

I can tell you right now that combined with the massive weight loss, the hair on your stomach is a common sign for anorexics and other underweight women. They grown faint hairs all over their body, most commonly on the stomach and arms. I'd say the hair growth is most likely due to your weight loss.

Secondly, being thinner means that any fat on your stomach looks like a pregnancy. Trust me on this. I'm 5'3" and I weigh barely 100 lbs. Its common for women and girls to have a "pooch" of fat on their stomachs, and even skinny girls have it. If you can grab what looks like a pregnancy and squeeze it and jiggle it around, it's just fat. Your uterus is firm and large during a pregnancy, not squishy.

Quote:
thats why i think i am but i havent felt the baby move and im just wondering could the baby be dead inside of me?

None of those signs to me seemed like pregnancy signs... they all sound like danger signs from a girl who is loosing too much weight too fast. If the baby had died, you most likely would have miscarried and believe me you would have known about it.

Quote:

i mean i am into sports and i have done things that you shouldnt do while pregnant so is there any way that that could have affected anything??

Being highly active and loosing a large amount of weight seems to have contributed negatively on your growing body, and caused you to lose your period. This can happen to young girls. You need to first get to a planned parenthood and confirm that you're not pregnant. Then, you need to start eating, and get to a doctor who can figure out why your period is gone.

Quote:
also through this time i lost 30 pounds..but i wanted too..i didnt realise that i could be pregnant when i did this..i just now started seeing my belly kind of grow like if i was pregnant..

Like I said, I don't think your belly is growing. The rest of you is shrinking, your stomach is staying the same size, and you're just not used to what that should look like. It's creating the illusion that your stomach is growing. If I stand just right in a mirror (again, I barely weigh 100 lbs) I can make myself look pregnant Razz It's just natural skin and fat deposits.

Quote:
please just help i mean i just want to know because i have not had my period since late january and its already july so even though both tests came out negative.,,i really blieve im pregnant but i am just not sure if its alive or dead..if i took a blood pregnancy test and it comes back negative does that mean it has died inside of me??

I absolutely believe you are not pregnant. The mind is a powerful tool; and young women like you have convinced themselves they are pregnant before, and they started lactating, and their stomachs bloated... but of course nothing happened because they weren't pregnant.

If the baby was dead you would have miscarried; it is very rare for the mother's body to carry around the dead fetus because that's dangerous.

Hey, another thing... if the fetus was dead, your stomach wouldn't be growing. You wouldn't be "showing" more if the fetus was dead. More proof you're not pregnant and just psyching yourself out.

However, I also absolutely believe you need to go take a blood test, because missing periods are the first signs of pregnancy.

Quote:
and if it comes back posotive is there still a chance it could be dead?

No. Okay, there's always a 1% chance of everything. But no. In most cases of fetal death and deformity, a miscarriage follows suit. If you are pregnant (big if here) the fetus is most likely alive.

Quote:
i am just really confused about everything please help as much as you can and i will gladly appreciate it

You really really need to go to a planned parenthood and get checked out.
|