Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Burning Vagina?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Hey girls! I just have a quick question. Last night I noticed when my husband and I tried to start having sex it burned when he penetrated me. Not just the initial penetration. It wouldn't go away. We finally just stopped. I have never had this happen before. It wasn't from lack of lubrication. I don't feel like I have a uti either. It doesn't burn when I urinate. I haven't noticed any cottage cheese like discharge. What in the world could this be? I feel so bad for dh. I am almost 9 weeks pregnant and I have felt so bad that I haven't really wanted sex so I really want to solve this for him.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Tylanas
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It may be because you're pregnant... I don't know how they could be related, but the female body does odd things sometimes!

There are many other ways to sexually please each other without vaginal intercourse.
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Believe me...I know all about the other ways, but right now for me oral doesn't even feel good thanks to this sensation. I used to be so sex crazy. It's just so frustrating for both of us right now because I have never had this problem. I had a problem with my sex drive when I was on Yasmin but nothing like this.
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well, you are pregnant. Have you ever been pregnant before? It does crazy things to your body with hormones and everything else. Each woman reacts differently. Some women turn into nymphos, others swear off sex for 9 months.
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yeah its weird
like Eiri said your body changes during pregnancy
im 17 weeks and me and travis have been having sex almost everynight/day still
hormones go whacko right now

i hope your ok though. you most likely are but wait a week or so and try again if it still hurts see your doctor :]
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
.im not preggers but the same thing has been happening to me this week and it is a yeast infection. .your chances increase when pregnant don't they?
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I thought yeast infection at first but I haven't had any wierd discharge. I don't know. I go in for my ultrasound Monday so I will ask about it then. I really don't want it to be an infection. Dh and I have noticed that I have a stronger odor down there than I normally do. He said it smells like I normally would when I get really aroused and wet except it's like that all the time. I don't know though. Oh, this is the first time I have made it to being pregnant this far along. I miscarrried early last time.
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
monkeygirl22 wrote:
I thought yeast infection at first but I haven't had any wierd discharge. I don't know. I go in for my ultrasound Monday so I will ask about it then. I really don't want it to be an infection. Dh and I have noticed that I have a stronger odor down there than I normally do. He said it smells like I normally would when I get really aroused and wet except it's like that all the time. I don't know though. Oh, this is the first time I have made it to being pregnant this far along. I miscarrried early last time.

yeah i have a bacterial infection in my kidneys and uterus so when the baby is born (if vaginally) i have to be hooked up to extra IV"s and get medication to the baby so when he/she passes through the birth canal she/he wont get sick when born Sad
|

replied January 17th, 2010
Pregnant with Vaginal pain during sex.
I had a history of UTIs before I got pregnant and thought that this was one starting, but it's not. I have zero pain during urination. I am 12 weeks pregnant and have had the same symptoms for about 3 weeks, burning during sex, and it lasts for 6 or 8 hours after wards. I also had a huge sex drive before but now I don't even want to lead him on. There is no discharge of any kind, in fact I seem to be rather dry even when I get turned on. I had the my doctor take a urine sample at my last ultrasound but haven't received the results yet.
|