Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Shaving Penis And Testicle Hair

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
What is the best way to shave down there and how should u do it
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper penis21
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
From what I have heard and experienced myself, go slow, use a fairly new razor but not brand new, and make sure to pull loose skin tight.
|

replied July 7th, 2007
In my experience, you need two tools: an electric trimmer, and an electric rotary razor.

Use the the trimmer guard for the shortest trim and remove all the longest hair.

Use the rotary razor to get it right down to the skin by holding TIGHT all the skin you're shaving.

Good luck, and don't cut yourself.
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
use nair Wink
just kidding
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Experienced User
Shaving Pubes
Well, if Nair works for you like it does me, then use it. Wink I used to shave it off with a razor, but I cut my self more than 1 time Sad , and Nair works for me alot faster and without irratation. Smile
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Shaving Pubes
other wrote:
Well, if Nair works for you like it does me, then use it. Wink I used to shave it off with a razor, but I cut my self more than 1 time Sad , and Nair works for me alot faster and without irratation. Smile

Most people have a problem with nair and the fact that it has a habit of burning and being really painful, so that's why it's not recommended sensitive areas.
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Shaving Pubes
I believe it says right on the Nair bottle that you're not supposed to use it down there.
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Experienced User
I did say that it works for me. After all, every one else is different.
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
chase4 wrote:
use nair Wink
just kidding

there was no need to mess with my post
|

replied July 9th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
chase4 wrote:
chase4 wrote:
use nair Wink
just kidding

there was no need to mess with my post

Huge spaces like the one that was in your post doesn't "give" anything to the topic, it just stretches out a page, wastes the reader's time, etc. I'm not even the one who edited it, yet I still know why it was done!
|

replied July 9th, 2007
Shaving Pubes
hair removal cream for men is by far the most effective, however, on most of them it states not to be used on the genital area. i have used it and it worked fine with me. removed all hair on by balls and the shaft of my penis. it was not as effective on the pubic bone (the part underneath the belly button down to the base of the penis). however, be warned - my boyfriend used the same cream that i used for the same amount of time (just 6 mins) and he kinda burnt his skin on his balls and was very sinsitive for 48 hours. he had to apply valeline to get the burning sensation down.
if the above fails, then best using a razor. for your balls make sure skin is tight and for the shaft of the penis better to make yourself erect first.
hope this helps.
|

replied July 9th, 2007
Get yourself a magnifying glass and really inspect the skin in the area that you want to shave or trim. Look for any skin tags or bumps. If you spot any, don't shave! and go get them checked out.
I have genital warts and the doctor said that by shaving them you just spread them around. I'm not sure exactly how the "spreading" happens but apparently its on a microscopic level.
I'm all for keeping it neatly trimmed down there, but my advice stick with scissors and keep it short, stay away from the razor blades.
As far as ball hair goes, try one of those little electric sideburn trimmers, those work well. If you use a razor on your balls, then you will only be in pain in a couple of days when they start to grow back.
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2007
Experienced User
Beard Trimmer....
both my husband and i invested in "beard" trimmers with a adjustable guard. It minimizes the chances of nicks and cuts as well as ingrown hairs. you can get a really close shave without the guard if you are careful, but is it best to get as close as you can with the guard first all the time pulling your scroutum taught as to not miss any hair and miss cutting that oh so tender skin.

one tool does the trick for us!
|

replied December 27th, 2008
pl advice
whenever i shave my private parts with the help of a razor i feel bit guilty.is shaving privATE PART IE AREA AROUND PENIS IS A HEALTHY PRACTICE

rEGARDS
ASHISH
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
no if you shave down there you could get terrably infected and thats just grows!! do you want to spred deseases? i dont think sooo!!!
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, you can't get infected from shaving unless you screw up really dangerously with a straight razor and don't go to the hospital. At best you can get an ingrown hair or two. Amy area that is deforested of hair is actually easier to keep clean free from skin disease. As well when you're cleanly shaven you hold less moisture in your crotch and the skin remains healthier.

Shave down the hair with a trimmer then use an eletric shaver to clean the short hairs on the pubic area. Trim the testes hairs with scissors. Give yourself a lot of time. Haste makes painful cuts in your soft parts.
|

replied November 15th, 2009
Experienced User
I love to shave balls,thighs and some portion bellow the belly button.This leaves a triangular shaped bush,which I groom by oil massage and washing thereafter with shampoo and warm water.I would like an advice whether keeping the hair bush permanently would cause any harm to the skin.
|