Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Nuts..........

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
it drives me crazy when people are all upset that all of the 200 people that viewed their post dont comment on their kids pic or their post in general. maybe its just me but i dont care if people comment or not .dont bother me i dont have to hear it 200 times that my kids are cute i know they are.

i dont care if anyone has anything rude to say to me either
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Supporter
rude rude rude kidding but your lil ones are cute. someone was complaining??? jesh
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I know it shouldn't bother us, because .I know my son is adorable too, .I think it just sucks because .I go out of my way to post on everyones kids, because they are all so cute, and it sucks when you see one person that has 39 comments and you only have 4.
I just don't post pics here anymore. It solves the prob.
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
it's funny how anything can start to seem like a popularity contest huh? i guess i would feel kind of bad if i put pics up of my kid and no one responded. but i wouldn't feel like my kid wasn't cute cuz they all are. when i put up pics of my cat i asked everyone else to put up pics of their pets too so they could share rather than just say aw cute. i've had a few posts that i started that have fallen by the wayside pretty quick but i like to attribute that to my uniqueness rather than my lack of popularity lol. Laughing

denial! it aint just a river in egypt lol. Wink
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It's not that they want 200 replies to their pictures. It's that everyone goes and looks, but only a few actually take the time to comment. After a while, it starts to feel like "why don't people think my baby's pictures are good enough to comment on?". We post the pictures because we're proud of our babies, and we like showing them off to each other. We don't post just so people can look and hit their back buttons - of course we enjoy hearing about how beautiful our children are.

That's one reason I think the forums shouldn't list the view count. It never makes anyone feel good, really.
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
AyaMiyaki wrote:
It's not that they want 200 replies to their pictures. It's that everyone goes and looks, but only a few actually take the time to comment. After a while, it starts to feel like "why don't people think my baby's pictures are good enough to comment on?". We post the pictures because we're proud of our babies, and we like showing them off to each other. We don't post just so people can look and hit their back buttons - of course we enjoy hearing about how beautiful our children are.

That's one reason I think the forums shouldn't list the view count. It never makes anyone feel good, really.

I agree!
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
AyaMiyaki wrote:

maybe i am the only one that feels this way but i dont sit there and think oh my baby must not be good enough to comment on. if they wanna comment than thats fine but making comments like all these people looked at my baby but dont comment is just crazy i just dont understand why people have to hear that their baby is cute. if they know it already.i dont post with the mind set oh people better comment on my pictures or i am taking them down. some people just wanna lurk and thats fine.
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I guess we're just insecure then. Wink
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Supporter
Why do you even feel the need to make a post like this? So what if I said I'm not going to post pictures anymore because not many people comment. I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks about my babies. I know that they are adorable. I just don't see a point in wasting 20 minutes to post pictures when no one gives a damn anyway.

Some people like to hear that their babies are cute.. There is nothing wrong with that, so don't act like there is.
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
SamanthaM wrote:
Why do you even feel the need to make a post like this? So what if I said I'm not going to post pictures anymore because not many people comment. I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks about my babies. I know that they are adorable. I just don't see a point in wasting 20 minutes to post pictures when no one gives a bless anyway.

Some people like to hear that their babies are cute.. There is nothing wrong with that, so don't act like there is.
not acting like there is something wrong with wanting to hear that your babies are cute. just why get all upset about it if you dont get comments from the 200 or so lurkers

and i can make a post about this is if want to . why do you feel the need to comment on it if you feel like i should not be making a post about it
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Supporter
I feel the need to comment because I'm quite sure you are talking about me.
It's not really that I get upset about people not commenting and saying how adorable they are, it's just I end up wasting a lot of time to post pictures and it seems like people don't care. So why do it?
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
SamanthaM wrote:
I feel the need to comment because I'm quite sure you are talking about me.
It's not really that I get upset about people not commenting and saying how adorable they are, it's just I end up wasting a lot of time to post pictures and it seems like people don't care. So why do it?
ohhhh no i was not talking about anyone in general. i just noticed is the last couple of weeks i have seen people saying stuff about it is all.
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
maybe the reason not as many people comment is because 10 people before them just said exactly what they were going to say. if i read a post and it's just "aw so cute" or "oh they are adorable" over and over sometimes i just don't bother commenting because i would just be repeating what everyone else said. it doesnt mean i don't agree with what everyone else said, it just seems almost pointless to say it again. you could think of it that way rather than thinking it's something negative towards you.
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
the reason people care is because they go out of their way to share, and if people don't comment it seems like no one here cares. some people consider the people on this forum their friends. they care about the other peoples babies and love to comment on the pictures others post, and when they don't receive the same treatment and they feel like outsiders. it has nothing to do with wanting to hear your baby is cute, or feeling insecure about your child. it has to do with feeling left out, and like people who's lives you like to hear about (because this isn't just about picture posts) and babies you love to see don't care about yours. it's not a nice feeling.

you know what i can't stand. how ...umm... no name...never posts on any topics in this forum, never comments on other people's babies, but comes here only once in a while to post pictures of her child and say how she is too busy to post and misses talking to the girls here yadda yadda. i just think it's vain to only come here once every couple of weeks to show off your child and have nothing else to do with the forum.

maybe we're all just too wrapped up in forum etiquette, but i completely understand why people would care if they only get half the comments that others get when they post pictures.
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
alot of the reason why some people get more comments than others cause of the clique on here
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i know i get upset when people don't comment on my pictures, it's not because im insecure, but because it does take time to upload all of your pictures and then put them here and post them and then people don't even care. (i know people do care) but when you post on someone elses topic and they don't post back that's just rude in my eyes.

there are some people that could post pictures all the time and they get pages and pages of comments (not saying anything bad because its not a bad thing at all) and then the next person gets like 5, it just kinda makes you feel like poop sometimes.

all i know is im gonna be posting pictures tomorrow and i would looove some nice comments to keep my spirits up Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i used to get upset when i would post photos in baby talk and i would get 3 comments and 'more popular' members would get like 10.

now i just give up- no point crying cause i'm not as popular Laughing
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2007
Hey Ladies...seriously?
Sorry. I was too bored to thoroughly read every post explaining why anyone needs constant reassurance that their baby is cute. But, I'm responding because I think it was a good point in the first place. C'mon, yeah- everyone thinks their own baby is amazing looking and truthfully-- some babies aren't uh... tv ad cute. No biggie. Doesn't mean they're ugly.
But really--- how about quit posting endless pics of your kid(s) if you just want to hear constant compliments and you'll save yourselves the anxiety of "maybe my baby isn't going to be a model" and you save others the annoying obligation of posting "oh wow! another cute baby--ooooh! lucky you! so adorable! great JOB!" Seriously-- no offense, it's just not a big deal. It's a health forum. We're here to help others, right? That's all I mean.
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2007
Supporter
Hey Girlfriends
I come here on certain days just to see the babies and kids and pets............it lifts my spirits so much. I try to comment on every post I sign onto as well. You girls just wait til your babies turn 24........you will long for those slobber, pacifer and diaper days! It does my old heart good to know I can sign on here any day and go to the forum and click on.................theres always a smiling face....And it could be an adult face too. YOU ARE ALL CUTE TO ME AND I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU! Cool
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
Re: Hey Ladies...seriously?
mohara wrote:
Sorry. I was too bored to thoroughly read every post explaining why anyone needs constant reassurance that their baby is cute. But, I'm responding because I think it was a good point in the first place. C'mon, yeah- everyone thinks their own baby is amazing looking and truthfully-- some babies aren't uh... tv ad cute. No biggie. Doesn't mean they're ugly.
But really--- how about quit posting endless pics of your kid(s) if you just want to hear constant compliments and you'll save yourselves the anxiety of "maybe my baby isn't going to be a model" and you save others the annoying obligation of posting "oh wow! another cute baby--ooooh! lucky you! so adorable! great JOB!" Seriously-- no offense, it's just not a big deal. It's a health forum. We're here to help others, right? That's all I mean.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
|
Quick Reply