Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Shouldn't We Be.

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Now, I'm not saying we should be delusionally depressed about things like not having a freaking airplane or others not liking the way we dress.

But there should always, in my opinion, be a depression about certain things. Death, pain, nine eleven, war, injustice, the constant murder. Lovelessness. If you are depressed about the right things then it is not an illness.

Wouldn't you agree?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yeah if your depressed about death thats not the illness
however if your life transforms into this dark stage then it becomes an illness
|

replied July 7th, 2007
Nope
Life is rough. If your life doesn't turn into this dark stage about these things then there is something wrong with you. All of the things that should make you depressed are very serious, and they happen all of the time. How could it not turn into a dark stage, what kind of person would I be? For it not to turn into a serious dark stage I would have to either be stupid, or a hypocrite. And acting as if I wasn't seriously depressed and not in a dark stage about these things would be insane and do psychological damage.

I know, its hard and serious. Maybe instead of telling these people to lighten up we should give them support and level with ourselves.
|