Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

What Do U Think?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi everyone! How r u? Hows the pregnancies going/kids and how r u?

I am doin good. I am 5 months preg as of yestering. That makes me get excited! But anyhow I have a few concerns..

1) in everything I am reading it seems to say I should be feeling the baby moving more now.. But im not.. I rarely ever feel the baby actually. .It makes me really nervous. Everything was fine on feb.11th at the doctors tho with the ultrasound and it measured to be the same due date. . . Also, in books it says normally u start having a dark line between your pubic area and belly button.. Nope thats not there either. Im probably overreacting but I am nervous about the movement.

2) I have a special ultrasound appointment on wed. In detroit (like an hour 1/2 away from me) its to get the heart ultrasounds and special ones and 3-d ones! Im excited for that too. Its to make sure the baby still looks healthy because a test result came back bad saying I am high risk for down syndrome.My doc said so far it appears normal tho. But I am still nervous for this appt!

Thanks for any help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Hey, i'm like a month ahead of you and I just recently started feeling definite movement like everyday and i'm just now getting the line so I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone is different.

Angie
|

replied March 6th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Im 18 weeks and I just started feeling strong kicks in the past week!
|

replied March 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I felt the movin this-morning! I put my hand on my lower belly and I swear I could feel it with my hand at the same time! It was exciting. It wasnt flutters, it was actually a few distinct kicks, light kicks, but im pretty sure thats what they were*
|

replied March 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah don't worry too much about the kicks.....My doctor tells me that is you are really worried, then after your meals, lay down on your left side on concentrate on nothing but the baby. If you feel 4 movements in an hour, then your are ok. If you don't, count for another hour and if you still don't get 4, then call the doctor. As for the line, I am due any day now, and I just got it a few days ago. It is very light and only goes from my belly button down. It is not required during pregnancy so dont sweat it and be thankful if you dont get it! Lol
|

replied March 7th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I didn't start showing until I was 5 or 6 months pregnant and I couldn't feel any kicks until 6 months, so don't stress yourself out too much over it. I'm sure everything is fine.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov