Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Shortness of Breath

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Well, now its been since may 30th that was my last period.. I am experiencing shortness of breath, feeling sick, dizzy, sore back, headaches, gas, I did have alot of discharge for 2 weeks, my nipples really hurt, I just don't feel normal. My pregnancy tests are coming backc negitive. I am going to the doctors to get a pregnancy test tomorrow. Which should good.. I WILL KNOW WHATS GOING ON.. BUT is it normal to have shortness of breath in early pregnancy.. * We have been having unprotected sex for about 6 months
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Dale123
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yeah ask for a blood test
your pregnant i can almost guarentee it
those symptoms are about the right time and you havenyt had yor period for a while!!!!!!

congrats and let me know when you find out
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
the_girlfreind wrote:
yeah ask for a blood test..
those symptoms are about the right time and you havenyt had yor period for a while!!!!!!

But why aren't pee tests showing up.. Is the discharge suppose to stop after a couple of weeks. What about diarreah?
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Reply
Dale123 wrote:
the_girlfreind wrote:

But why aren't pee tests showing up.. Is the discharge suppose to stop after a couple of weeks. What about diarreah?

yeah i dont know
sometimes they just dont work for certain people
what brand are you using?
ive never had diarea and im 16 weeks 5 days so im not sure
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
Re: Reply
the_girlfreind wrote:
Dale123 wrote:
the_girlfreind wrote:

yeah i dont know
sometimes they just dont work for certain people
what brand are you using?
ive never had diarea and im 16 weeks 5 days so im not sure

I started out with first responce and then I switched to walmart cheapie and I just bought first reponce again.. I have taken 5 all neg. I HAVE ONE MORE LOL- I will take it in the morning, because my doctors appointment is Friday. So, that way I can tell my doctor if my test came out positive. So, that they're not having to look into much more.
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
lol yeah i used clear blue and its really good
first response is too
but a doctor can tell you for sur
ei hope you find out whats going on lol!
sounds like your confused and im puzzeled myself!
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
the_girlfreind wrote:
lol yeah i used clear blue and its really good
first response is too
but a doctor can tell you for sur
ei hope you find out whats going on lol!
sounds like your confused and im puzzeled myself!

Oh yeah, I have never felt like this before.. Like yeah, we havent used protection or birthcontrol for 6 months. SO, every month this stupid period comes EXCEPT this last month.. I was thinking Geez it's been awhile. I was soo sick for about a week before and around the time of my expected period.. I just slept all day and I was feeling soo sick. My mom was like.. Are you pregnant.. Meanwhile I was just expecting my period.. I just said.. "Like that would happen" started taking tests around then.. LOL I didn't take one today though, because I took one the day before and it said neg. I am going to look up some stuff online though to see why it wouldn't show up.. Hmm that was a good responce.. I never thought why it wouldn't show up. So, you felt like that when you first found out.. Did you ever feel light headed?
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
gilr i get lightheaded whenever i walk somewhere
expecially up the stairs
it sucks
i think your preg
it sounds just like me and travis except my tests came back positive the first try
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
the_girlfreind wrote:
gilr i get lightheaded whenever i walk somewhere
expecially up the stairs
it sucks
i think your preg
it sounds just like me and travis except my tests came back positive the first try

I notice if I have been sitting for an extended period.. I stand up and its like holy cow. If I get up fast or sometimes just walking around I feel like I am going to pass out. I am on a balanced diet . It's weird.. Sometimes I feel like i am just going to pass out but never do, it never gets that bad.. When thats happening I usually feel like i am going to throwup.
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
oh yeah i forgot to ask...do you want a baby? what does the daddy think?
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Experienced User
I would have to say that even if the tests come back neg. that you could still be preg. It happened to me. I was like you also I was short of breath a lot, and now at 7 months I still am. I never had discharge though they say that that can also be a symptom. I wish you the best of luck!
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Preggy2007 wrote:
I would have to say that even if the tests come back neg. that you could still be preg. It happened to me. I was like you also I was short of breath a lot, and now at 7 months I still am. I never had discharge though they say that that can also be a symptom. I wish you the best of luck!

YES, Well, I finally talked to my mom and she said that home pregnancy tests didn't work for her, and she didn't actually find out hse was pregnant till the second month.. Its BEEN 40 days since my last period. Looks like I am on the same page. It's really confusing though. I get the feeling like I am and then I feel that maybe I am not. It's weird. I am NEVER wasting my money on a home pregnancy test. My mom said it didn't show up for her till she was like 7 mon. LOL- I am sure that really helped her old alot. She DID end up going to the doctors. She told me to ask for a blood test and an ultra sound. GUESS WHAT I got a slip for a blood test and an ultra sound.. I MAY see the baby before I KNOW I am pregnant! LOL! I am soo EXCITED! I went to the lab but it was closed.. I dunno.. ARE THEY OPEN ON WEEKENDS? Holy cow I am soo excited.. OH is it normal to have cravings this early.. TODAY and yesterday I was desprite for a Dr. Pepper. I have never really drank it except for when I was a kid. Weird huh!?
|

replied June 14th, 2010
I had unprotected sex twice last month, after the first time I took the morning after pill and after the second time I got my periods. My on-again bf works away so I haven't seen him since. I was feeling really light headed all the time almost passed out a few time, I had a yukky taste in my mouth and just felt that something wasn't right. My dr. said I had a peptic ulcer and did some tests. Then she told me I was pregnant, I didn't believe her, I haven't missed a period & my boobs aren't sore or haven't changed at all. She did another test, it was positive but only small amount of hormones in my pee. I have done 5 home tests four negative, one yesterday slightly, ever so slightly positive. I am confused. I have a headache and feel vague. Has this happened to anyone else?? This is unexpected and completely unplanned. If it has died inside of me will it just come out of me during my next period???
|

replied July 6th, 2010
I think I am pregnant, but not for sure...help!
I need to hear what you think. I think i am pregnant but dont know. My period is supposed to come tomorrow and I feel no PMS. I have a strong feeling I am pregnant. I have shortness of breath. Just to walk from one room to another I feel exhausted. I am kind of afraid I may even pass out. Im nauseated. My boobs dont hurt yet but I am getting quick sharp pains in them every now and then. I thought I had the flu two weeks ago and then I got better except the nausea. I have cramping. Im hungry all the time. My lower back hurts and the shortness of breath is really frustrating me. Cant take a test till tomorrow. Could I be pregnant?
|

replied February 17th, 2011
Pregnancy
Butterflies, restless, constipation no sore nipples, sensitivity to cold an hot. Anxious, abyss for a stomach.. Pregnant.?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2012
I am having similar symptoms. I have shortness of breath and gas and a metalic taste in my mouth one day. I feel tired and slightly nauseous sometimes. I want to be pregnant and have been trying for two years but my husband wont help with infertility checks....hes afraid of the dr. So, I am hoping im pregnant but I am scared that I am not. HELP!!?
|

replied June 26th, 2012
yes diarreah is a symptom
Well I just misscarried at 17 weeks in febuary on my husbands birthday. But to answer your question about diarreah yes it is a early pregnancy symptom some ladies get it later on in pregnancy some don't at all but it is an early symptom I had diarreah for about the whole first two months of my pregnancy and sore nipples I didn't start becoming naseous and throwing up until I was about two. Months . But yup I shortness of breath as well.

Now I think I might be preggo again my period came down in the first week of june but lasted four days . Four days later I'm feeling severe lower back pain along with serve shortness of breath which I confuse with my asthma I took a hpt it came out positive but in spotted lines then I ignored it I been feeling tierd and have to pee constantly so a few days later I test again it came out positive but still kinda faint so I still ignored it but lately been hungry back leg pain diarreah and cramping and clear discharge with a lil bit of blood. And it isn't time for my period just I have about for to fve days left for my period to come down but I test three days ago and once again positive so in six days I will test again and if it comes out positive I will go to the doctor and have them do a blood I want to be sure before I go I don't want to be dissapointed.
|

replied July 25th, 2012
I usually have a period cycle of 24 days, on going for 10 months so that's my regular. I expected my period last Sunday but nothing yet. A couple days before i felt extremely dizzy. I have diarrhea, shortness of breath, very low fatigue, a couple pinches here and there on my breasts, and the exact cramps i felt on my last pregnancy, definitely not the same cramps as a regular period. I took 2 pregnancy tests in the last 4 days but the results are negative. I feel pregnant but then i convince myself that maybe im not. so confusing ...... planning on waiting a week or so and then testing again and if no period or positive test then ill go to the doctor. In the meantime ill take my prenatals which is what i do recommend whether you are or not they are the best vitamins a woman can take. Good luck everyone! Im just as confused as everyone here, your not alone. Smile
|

replied July 25th, 2012
I usually have a period cycle of 24 days, on going for 10 months so that's my regular. I expected my period last Sunday but nothing yet. A couple days before i felt extremely dizzy. I have diarrhea, shortness of breath, very low fatigue, a couple pinches here and there on my breasts, and the exact cramps i felt on my last pregnancy, definitely not the same cramps as a regular period. I took 2 pregnancy tests in the last 4 days but the results are negative. I feel pregnant but then i convince myself that maybe im not. so confusing ...... planning on waiting a week or so and then testing again and if no period or positive test then ill go to the doctor. In the meantime ill take my prenatals which is what i do recommend whether you are or not they are the best vitamins a woman can take. Good luck everyone! Im just as confused as everyone here, your not alone. Smile
|

replied January 10th, 2014
Am I?
I am also clueless! So, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex several times in a 2 day period. I took a plan B. My cycle is normally 30 days and I hadn't been expecting my period for a while. I got something resembling a period after only 20 days in my cycle. It lasted for only two days compared to my normal 5-6 and was extremely light and minimal cramping. This had never happened before after I've taken a plan B so I'm convinced it isn't from that. Right now, over 2 weeks later, I'm not supposed to get my real period for 2 more days. I'm having slight neasea,minimal back aches, increased appetite, cravings for milk, a pressure feeling in my pelvic region, headaches, EXTREME breast soreness, mode swings, diarrhea, gas, and discharge. Do you think it could be pregnancy or am I over exaggerating? I can't take a test until monday.
|