Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Itchy/tingling Feeling In Urethra.

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
This is rather annoying, and it first started yesterday. Not all the time, but a lot of the time I feel a tingling/itchy sensation in my urethra. I haven't had any form of sex, so I know it isn't an STD. My guess is that it's a urinary tract infection, but I want to know what others think to be sure. If it is, can I just drink a lot of water to get rid of it? I don't have any rashes or itchiness anywhere else, so this is the only thing that makes sense to me. Or is it something odd that'll go away after awhile?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper munkeeman
|

replied July 5th, 2007
After reading more on UTI's, I actually don't think I have one of those, either. It feels like there's still some urine in my urethra that I can't get out, if that makes sense. Confused
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Anyone? It seems to be going away now, but I'm not sure.
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Water and cranberry juice are good for urinary tract health. So is urinating often. If the problem persists, I would suggest seeing a doctor.
|

replied July 9th, 2007
Itching In Ureatha
i had the same problem about a month ago. turned out to be a small kidney stone trapped in my ureath. i drank plenty of water and it eveyually moved further down. i was told by doctor that it would be very painful passing it but i had drank so much water that i had managed to break the stopne down into particles the size of sand grains. i only went to the doctors as i thought it would be an infection but the feeling i has was that i had a bit or pee stuck in the tube that finishes at the hole in my penis. no pain but just a strange feeling.
hope that this has helpled you.
|

replied April 13th, 2012
I have been to the doctor with similar symptoms and it could be caused by a prostitis (not sure on the spelling). I am only 30 yrs old and I found it hard to believe but it can happen to any men. The docs just put me on antibiotics but I don't think it will work. (Sceptic) A number of things can cause this, as I have been reading up on every possible thing. Get your prostate checked, it may just be an infection, and don't stress about it if it is a minor tingle I was told that it could last up to a month
|