Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

So Frustrated

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
I am just so frustrated.

After talking long and hard with my dh, we have decided it would be best if he went back to school. He wants a new career, one with better oportunities. So, he will be starting school in .august for a one year course in .i.t. I should be extatic. This is really what is best for us and I know that, I have been trying to push him to go to school for years. I'm just being so selfish and I'm so disappointed in myself. I guess, I kinda just wanna hear someone else tell me its for the best. Sigh...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
oh honey i think itll be a good thing! and dont get frusterated! you dont need to be stressed?!
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
If he really wants a new career I would say go for it. Information technology is definitely the way to go this day and age. If you don't mind me asking, why are you down about him going back to school?
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm a very goal-oriented person. I like to have a schedule. I know that things don't always work that way. We had found a house that we liked, which we won't be able to afford now. I will also be going back on birth control. Which makes me just want to cry. I feel like all the crap I have been trough for the last few months has been for nothing. I know I'm just being extremely selfish and that it is better for us in the long run. And I really do want him to do it. I don't know...I'm just blaming it on the hormones. Thanks for listening. You guys are always here when I need to vent. I appreciate it.
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I completely understand now. It will only be for one year though. We were going to wait for me to get out of school before we started ttc but I just had a feeling that I was going to have problems and just felt like it was the right time. My dh was very understanding and said that as long as it was what I really wanted we could go ahead and start ttc. He was just worried about me finishing school. I am still finishing though. I will be taking off in the spring for the baby and also because I won't have any prerequisites left to take and then I start my upper division nursing courses next fall.

I am sorry you are taking this so roughly. Pm me anytime if you would like to talk.
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
mc4ever02 wrote:
I'm a very goal-oriented person. I like to have a schedule. I know that things don't always work that way. We had found a house that we liked, which we won't be able to afford now. I will also be going back on birth control. Which makes me just want to cry. I feel like all the crap I have been trough for the last few months has been for nothing. I know I'm just being extremely selfish and that it is better for us in the long run. And I really do want him to do it. I don't know...I'm just blaming it on the hormones. Thanks for listening. You guys are always here when I need to vent. I appreciate it.

oh its ok
it probably is the hormones

yeah we all need to vent sometimes and this is a great place to do it1 everryone is so helpful!
if you ever need someone to yell at or vent to let me know
it will be ok :]
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
that's life with a partner right? if it's what will make him happy and both of you more secure and better off in the long run you should support him. i'm so glad rich was supportive of me going back to school, then i went and got pregnant in the middle of the school year, oops!!! it's really a short period of time when you look at the big picture. if he were starting out in pre-med or something and looking at 10 years of school that would be different. it's scary when you are looking at a new baby but it's better to do it now than later really. people who are happy with their jobs live longer.
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I can totally relate! My husband recently went through an epiphany experience in our life and did a complete 180 in his career path. It was hard for me to see him doing things that I wanted to do. He is so happy though and it is an awesome thing for our family.

Time will make it better. If it helps maybe you guys can take a class together in the evening. That way you will feel a little more involved. Heck, you could take a childl development class or something fun and then you are making yourselves better parents and you are getting credit!
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Thank you ladies! I really appreciate the feedback.

I know its for the best and I am supporting dh as best I can. (he has no idea that I was feeling that way). I know that it is best for my family. It was just really overwhelming yesterday for some reason. You gotta love hormones!! I swear, I will not miss taking them. Not one bit. But, I spoke to my dr yesterday and she told me I have to finish this cycle of meds (2 more days of estrogen, then 10 days of estrogen and progesterone) because If I stop now, it could screw my cycle up even worse. (like that could happen Rolling Eyes ) But, the withdrawl bleeding that I should get would count as a period and I could start my bc again after that. So, maybe I'll turn back into a normal person again.
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Experienced User
i know how you feel. my dh is going to school for comp science and just recently got a job working for a guy flipping houses. he loves it. so now he is planning of finishing school but wants to have that just as a back up. he wants to really get into the flipping business. so right now our condo is completely messed up..no kitchen cabs, no carpet just concrete floors......etc. now im wondering if this flipping business is going to be such a great idea. Confused i know that it will make us a lot of money though, and that is what he is thinking too. i just trust him. let him do what he loves and just smile Smile good luck and i hope that the year just flys by for you Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It's going to be great for you guys!! A big income jump which means that you can buy more baby stuff when you do get preggers!! Wink
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
tigresacanela24 wrote:
It's going to be great for you guys!! A big income jump which means that you can buy more baby stuff when you do get preggers!! Wink

That is exactly what I needed to hear! Thank you so much!!

In his previous field, he was fairly topped-out. His income was good, but there wasn't a whole lot of room for improvement. Where, with this new field, his starting salary will be very close to what he was making before, with allot of room for growth! So hopefully, in 5 years, it will be a huge payoff. (Hopefully enough to were I can quit work and go to school full time).
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry you are feeling frustrated by this, but honestly, anytime that you can improve your skills to improve your income and financial stability, it is for a good reason.

So the hormones aren't treating you so well, huh? That sucks. Are you going back on birthcontrol because dh will be going back to school for a year or was there something else I missed.

Don't worry, be happy (lol) Everything will be ok.
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
this is definetly a good thing especially where as you want a little one! You'll be able to provide for the child and then some! it's a great move!
|

replied July 8th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Definitely look at the silver lining....

More money for baby stuff, for the house you want and the possibility for you to go back to school.

It is only one year and you are young. I know it hurts to wait when you really want to have a family today, but one year will not make you less fertile.

A dh who is happier with his job is a dh who is more energetic when he gets home, which makes him a more involved hubby and daddy.
|
Quick Reply