Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Single and Pregnant Forum

Support For After Baby Comes - Advice?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm 33 and 17 weeks pg. The dad promised me that if I got pg he'd stick by me no matter what, but the day before the test came back positive he left. When I told him, he said "it changes nothing". I've tried remaining friends but he's unable and unwilling so I'm doing it alone.

I have no friends or family locally; both of my parents have passed and I moved here at the dad's request. I can't leave now because of financial and medical constraints. I'm worried about those first few months after the baby is born. I'm positive I'll need help.

I don't have the cash to hire a nurse or another caregiver. Making friends here is a challenge but I haven't given up yet! Smile Any other suggestions on how or where I can find resources to assist when the time comes?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
Supporter
public aid wic churches any friends. i am sorry that you are going thru this but you can handle this . i have been thru this and it is not easy by any means but iot can be done. any family where you used to live that may be able to help??
|

replied July 5th, 2007
I'm not eligible for public aid here, and I don't know what wic is. I'm not a religious person either. As for family, I have none.

Thanks for the supportive and kind words though! Smile
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yes go to WIC
its a free program to help mothers who need support
you get free formula and careal,milk,eggs ,chees and bread
also go to churches
it doenst matter if your religous
you need help for your baby
thrift shops are great
and how come you arnt eligable for financial aid?
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
Supporter
sorry to hear that you are not eligable here in my state if you are single you qualify. maybe you can talk to them again i would also talk to a lawyer about your rights and child for compinsation and support from the so called dad good luck hun and if you need anything or a shoulder to cry on i am here you can pm me if needed.
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Experienced User
The only problem with wic is that she lives in Canada. I'm not sure that they have it there....though it's worth a try. You might check with your health department......Maybe you should attend birthing classes. There's a lot of other pregnant moms there. Who knows maybe you could make some friends and have the support that you need when the time does come to have the child. Other then that i'm sure that you can make it. If you have to go back to work soon after the baby the best thing to do is to maybe find a daycare that takes infants. Talk to them...maybe they will be willing to work with you on a payment.
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
Supporter
you might want to pm tanyaface she is from canada and a single mom she may be able to give you some tips hun
|

replied August 17th, 2007
I Just Wnet Through the Same Thing
I just went through the same thing. After I had the baby I moved when she was 3 weeks old back to New York by all my family. It's really such a terrible thing I just don't understand why they do this to us especially when we need them most. You should really decide if you want to move or not, because once you have the baby stuff together it is so hard to then take it apart and pack with a newborn. So at list you can get ready to move now so It might make it easy. I wish you the best but I will tell you it's hard
|