Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Cleaning After Sex

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
If we are not using a condom, should I clean my vagina out after sex. Keep in mind i'm not worried about pregnancy if it happens it happens. Someone said it will take care of itself (cleaning that is)? Is that right?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Tylanas
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Not a expert on this subject, but i don't think that's going to help. The sperm is pretty high up there, and would be unable to be reached? lol Correct me if i'm wrong. I could be totally on the wrong track here.
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ok just realised i don't think i answered this quetion right..i was thinking of the whole cleaning, and pregnancy thing. I'm sorry. Don't mind my last post..lol
|

replied July 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
lol trust me vagina gets worse during pregnancy than after sex lol!
|

replied July 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
and yes you dont have to clean yourself out
but i would use bacterial wipes or something on the outside parts so it doesnt get infected
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Never attempt to clean the inside of the vagina. You can clean the outside (the vulva), but never try to clean the inside unless your doctor tells you to for some reason. The vagina cleans itself. If you try to douche or put soap in your vagina, it can give you some nasty infections.
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
the_girlfreind wrote:

but i would use bacterial wipes or something on the outside parts so it doesnt get infected

The vagina has good bacteria that keeps it clean. So anti-bacterial soaps and wipes are not good for near the vagina since it can throw your body's natural balance off by killing good bacteria. Regular soap and warm water is a good way to wash the vulva.
|

replied July 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Llewellyn wrote:
the_girlfreind wrote:

The vagina has good bacteria that keeps it clean. So anti-bacterial soaps and wipes are not good for near the vagina since it can throw your body's natural balance off by killing good bacteria. Regular soap and warm water is a good way to wash the vulva.

yes but there are certain wipes you can but specifically for vaginal use
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
the_girlfreind wrote:

yes but there are certain wipes you can but specifically for vaginal use

Yes, they do make what are often called "feminine wipes." That is not the same thing as "anti-bacterial wipes" however.
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
well usually after you have sex(me anyhow) you pee and that helps to pprevent infection.It is ok to use wipes but only the kind labeled for vaginal usage.
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:
well usually after you have sex(me anyhow) you pee and that helps to pprevent infection.It is ok to use wipes but only the kind labeled for vaginal usage.

Good point. It's recommended that women pee within about 15 minutes after sex.
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Cleaning After Sex
ricobarnes wrote:
If we are not using a condom, should I clean my vagina out after sex. Keep in mind i'm not worried about pregnancy if it happens it happens. Someone said it will take care of itself (cleaning that is)? Is that right?

There's no need to clean beyond just going to the bathroom and letting whatever falls out, come out. I'm on the pill so I don't use condoms either, and all I do is sort of push out what I can with my vaginal muscles, and urinate and wipe. Done! lol.
|

replied July 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Llewellyn wrote:
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:

Good point. It's recommended that women pee within about 15 minutes after sex.

i usually pee right after as well haha
|

replied September 12th, 2011
yes, i pee too,but the next day and the day after,i still get white to yellow discharge,just like cum, so,what do i do?
|

replied October 31st, 2012
You may have a yeast imbalance in your system, that can cause the white/yellow discharge. Try drinking at least 8 glasses of clean water, avoid tap water. Take probiotics, and eat yogurt. Your vagina has its ow special ph level that it tries to maintain and sometimes sex can through that off and makes us more Susceptible to yeast infections, which can cause the thicker discharges.
|