Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Cleaning out vagina after sex?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
After sex should I clean out my vagina? I know this sounds like a really naive question, but your input would be well recieved.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Lion79
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2007
Experienced User
Well, not with soap or any type of wash, as it can destroy the bacteria in your vagina that helps clean it out naturally. The discharge you get down there is the vagina cleaning itself so it helps you along a bit, but it's advisable to go to the toilet after sex to flush everything out. And remember to use a condom, otherwise it could get really messy! And result in unwanted pregnancy/infections.
|

replied July 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
use sanitary wipes on the outside area not the internal area
it will help you not get any infection and stay clean
|

replied July 6th, 2012
I have a question what if you have sex for the 1st time and a guy leaves him self in you how long until every thing comes out and do I use any cleaners also if there is no condom at all what is the chances of me getting pregant
|

replied July 6th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Chances are 30% at most. A fertile woman that allows a fertile man to ejaculate inside her has a 30% chance of getting pregnant in any one cycle. So to translate it into something you can understand:

If you do it 3 months in a row, you stand an excellent chance of getting pregnant. Or, if you and two of your friends does this, one of you will likely be pregnant now.

In short, the risk is not worth those few minutes of pleasure, unless you are willing to get pregnant.

Add to that the fact that you can get an STD if he is not clean. An STD can affect your whole life, and make having children risky and problematic in future.

After about 30 minutes at most, his semen will be totally liquid and running out. It can however take a day for everything to come out. You can do kegels on the toilet and squeeze out as much as possible. Wear a panty liner to keep your underwear clean the next day.

Please take better care if you do not want to end up pregnant!
|

replied July 7th, 2012
unwanted sex with out taking birth control
what are the chances of some one getting pregant when they have unwanted sex and is not on birth control?
|

replied July 7th, 2012
unwanted sex with out taking birth control
what are the chances of some one getting pregant when they have unwanted sex and is not on birth control?
|

replied July 7th, 2012
Community Volunteer
The chances of getting pregnant in any one cycle if you do not take precautions are 30%.

Put another way:

* If you and two of your friends does it, one of you will likely be pregnant this month.

Or

* If you do it for three cycles in a row, you will likely be pregnant at the end.

Of course it also matters where in your cycle it happened.- during your period, between your period and ovulation or between ovulation and your period start. A woman is normally only fertile for about 7 days in a cycle.
|

replied July 10th, 2012
I'm sorry it was unwanted
|

replied October 17th, 2012
suddly cleaning varina is make lack of pregency???
i planned for baby and i have PCOD problem to i am trement for that too.i am newly married i used to wash my vagina after sex .i have doubt about after sex i standing up means all the sperm it comes out frm vagina. if i do like this means may get a change to lack of pregency?? or other else i should stay for hour aftersex to clean my varina
|

replied October 17th, 2012
Community Volunteer
It is normal for his semen to come or. His sperm will escape into your cervix and uterus, but his semen will stay behind in your vagina. The heat makes it watery and it will just run back out.

You can stay laying on your back after sex with a pillow under your behind to lift it up. You only have to do this for 15 or 20 minutes. After that time, only dead and weak sperm will be left behind. You can then go and pee and clean up. Peeing after sex is important to prevent an UTI.

Best of luck TTC!
|
Users who thank kristigraham for this post: karthiga 
Quick Reply