Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

Acne . Do Girls Care?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Alright so I recently had a breakout of acne on my face. Mainly just the checks and chin. I was wondering if girls are turned off from acne or not? For me a little acne here and there on a girl really doesn't bother me. I was wondering if girls thought the same? I have a girlfriend and I don't think she minds but I cant even stand to look at myself in the mirror anymore. Sad I just wished I would stop thinking about it. UGHHH
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2007
Supporter
Hi
Speaking for myself...............its whats on the inside of a person that counts. It comes from the heart not the face features. This world today is too "infactuated cosmetically". Acne is nothing.it does not change who you are....but then this is just my opinion Surprised !
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
I like your opinion. I wish more people see it that way too. Including my family.
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2007
Experienced User
Personally, it doesn't bother me. Everyone has terrible acne every once in a while. It's part of life. When my boyfriend's acne acts up, I just look for a clear spot on his face to kiss. Also, the lips work great too!
|

replied July 4th, 2007
ok thx. i feel much better now
|

replied July 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Hi
Fairy*Godmother wrote:
Speaking for myself...............its whats on the inside of a person that counts. It comes from the heart not the face features. This world today is too "infactuated cosmetically". Acne is nothing.it does not change who you are....but then this is just my opinion Surprised !
I agree and also it's something fixable,not a forever thing.ther are lots of things on the market now that help with acne problems,check em out!
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2007
dude... totally people... i agree
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Blah, half the people in the world get acne. I remember I made fun of this girl once in like 5th grade when she broke out, and I got it like a few months after. haha. It's not a big issue, its a natural part of the puberty process. I'm guessing you are not yet in high school? You would see a lot of couples where at least one of them has acne. No biggie, just make sure not to be a hypocrite and not like acne on a girl if you yourself have it.
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2007
(Pro Activ saved my skin)
|

User Profile
Supporter
I don't want to be mean or hurt your feelings BUT:

Teenage girls are very shallow and vain. They dig looks more than anything, or popularity status.

It's no big deal, most everyone experiences acne at some point.
Try cleaning your face regularly.

You should really try to care less what other people think and be more confident. Confidence is a HUGE turn on!
That will get you far in life. Good luck!
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I liked all kinds of boys with acne when I was a teen. I never even noticed it when I was with them. I was just happy to be with them.
|

replied January 12th, 2008
Acne?
Hey,
where's the positive attitude? I ask myself that many times a day. About acne, i'am 14, it's my life to hear crude comments from shallow girls around my age. As for myself, (if i ever get or have a bf) I wouldn't care as long as they weren't just totally ignoring it and not bothering to care for it. Moving on, I only care about what they are like on the inside, have a good heart with good morals. Honestly, that's it. I've taught my friends to be like that, because you know what.... acne is not your fault! Try Aveeno or something like a foaming cleanser. Me and my older brother use it and i like it. I also use brand name companies, which seem to work just as fine. Try a local health store. also avoid touching your face and take flaxseed oil pills, those are saving me. Good Luck!
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
acne?? thats just spots i take it?
alot of people would hide away for days and days on end just to hide them but naa fresh air is good for them lol. if you really want them to go away just seriously scrub your face untill your skins raw lol then aply a good spot treatment that stings the hell outta your face lol and do that like 3 times a day. be gawn in no time Very Happy
then once its starting to clear up. get a nice moisturiser so then when it clears up it leaves your face nice n soft as well. thats how we do it Very Happy hope it helps lol.

plus everyone gets it unless its in there jeans to hve real nice skin. i work for mine lol but i'm allergic to the ink of the newspaper n i keep touching my chin while reading and get spots hahahahaha. oh well lifes a !**@!
|

replied January 13th, 2008
Experienced User
hey, im 17 and i have the same low confidence when it comes to my face... i get pretty bad breakouts sometimes and i get hella embarassed and dont want people to see me. i never used to leave the house without makeup. my boyfriend never seems to notice when my face breaks out. im sure your girlfriend is totally fine with it.
as long as you are trying to clear it up, youre on the right track. ProActiv did alot for me. the one thing i can say is dont pick at the pimples or squeeze them. you will end up with lots of scarring that looks worse once the pimples are gone. and make sure if you do touch your face that your hands are clean!
dont freak out too bad about it. like Marianne said... confidence is definately a major turn on.
good luck!
~LadyAllie
|

replied January 7th, 2011
Well my the love of my life said she doesnt care for it and that she loves me but she hasnt seen it yet. The pics i send dont show the marks but im scared tp see her and lose her because of it. I dont know what to do i just hope she acceps me Sad.
|

replied April 13th, 2011
Experienced User
hey, my boyfriend of nearly a year has had really bad acne whilst we've been together and still does a bit. i swear down it bothers him so much more than it does me. i think he's absouletly gorgeous even if he doesn't. if anything he looks a bit different to everyone else and has character. i really dont mind the spots at all. it doesn't change a thing. if a girl wouldn't go for you because of such a stupid thing she clearly isn't worth having and i mean that.
|