Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

I Can't Stop Crying. (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
i wasn't going to post about this because i feel so terrible that it happened, but i could use some friends right about now.

rudy's gone.

he went after finn yesterday and it was the scariest moment of my life. he was snarling and snapping, i was shouting, finn was face down on the floor screaming. it all happened in a matter of seconds. i picked finn up immediately and i was actually afraid to turn him over, i thought there would be blood everywhere. thank god he didn't actually bite him, though he did do something. i don't know if he bit him or scratched him, but there were red marks all over his face and 3 dark red scratches down his nose (he didn't break the skin though).

it was horrible. i just keep thinking that it could've been so much worse.

i think rudy was fine with finn when he was calling the shots. like before finn was mobile rudy would go and play with him when *he* wanted to. since finn's been crawling he was always following rudy and trying to touch him. i think he just got fed up.

my dad came and got him right after it happened and i think they're taking him to the spca today.

i'd had rudy longer than i've known nick. i know there's no other choice, but it's killing me.

finn's fine, by the way. he cried for about 3 minutes and then was back to his usual happy self.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh my goodness, .bridget......I'm so sorry. I don't even know what to say.
Just know I'm here if you need to talk. I'm glad .finn is ok.
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
it's ok bridget.Your still a great mom and your doing the right thing.We love you Wink
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You did the right thing Bridget. Im sorry you had to get rid of him. I know it hurts cuz rudy was like your kid also. Im so glad finn is a-ok!! Im just happy that nothing too serious happened.

~~~~~~~~~hugs~~~~~~~~~ And give finn some kisses for me & mel!!!!!!! Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Aww hun, I'm sorry. That must be so hard. But, your making the right choice. You are very stong for making this decision, and I'm proud of you.

~big hug~
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Oh .Bridget Crying or Very sad .I'm so sorry! You absolutely did the right thing, but it doesn't make it any less hard. I know how much you love .Rudy.

Is there any way that your parents could keep .Rudy for a little while? Maybe he just needs to become accustomed to .Finn crawling around. Then again I really don't know, and if he's tried to attack already it probably isn't a good idea. Ugh I don't know. I wish I could give you a big hug, though! Sad
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh my goodness!!! It's weird that you say that b/c I was thinking of my mom's dog last night. she has two chihuhua's. ONe loves Ava, but the other ones can't stand her. I've had to pull ava quickly away from her twice b/c she went to bite her. I need to talk to my mom about that.

I'm glad finn's okay. I'm so sorry about this. I feel terrible for you. It'll get better though. You made the right decision.
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm really sorry .Bridget Sad

You've done absolutely the right thing though, however hard it is.

*Big hugs*
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2007
Supporter
Aww I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I'm glad nothing worse happened to poor little Finn.
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
i'm so sorry that happened. i know you must be heartbroken but be happy it wasn't worse than it was. i just finished reading about a 17 month old being mauled to death by the grandparents' dog here in canada on sunday night. i know it must be hard but i think you're doing the right thing. you don't know anyone personally without kids that can take your dog? if not, i'm sure he can be adopted out to a home with no kids or older kids. he's not that big and he's a beautiful dog. i feel for you. i have a cat and i would feel terrible if i had to give her up but you have to keep baby safe and sometimes animals just aren't predictable.
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
oh im really sorry Sad
that must be a hard thing to go through but thank god he didnt hurt finn!
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I am so sorry that you had to get rid of your other baby. I can't even imagine how hard that would be. But just like the other girls said, you 100% did the right thing. You never know how dogs are going to react and you just can't assume that they will never do that again.

My dog has been around my niece since she was 11 months old. She walked on her, crawled on her, sat on her. She never minded, she just got up and moved somewhere that the baby couldn't get her. Now my dog is almost 8 and still loves kids. Now that I have a 3 month old niece, I am sure that she is still ok with babies, but I am nowhere near ok with my dog being so close to the new baby... You just never know. Dogs get annoyed just like humans do and you never know! My dog is super curious of the new baby though... She gets quite jealous when I hold her...

I hope that things will be ok with you. I hope that you don't have to get rid of him all together and that you can find someone that can keep him.
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
thanks girls.

i know it could have been so much worse and i'm thanking god it wasn't.

my parents have him right now and they're going to take care of everything. i'm glad because i know i wouldn't have been able to take him to the spca and fill out all the paperwork without sobbing uncontrollably.

my brother just called my parents and asked them to hold off on doing anything until he can ask around. he has so many friends and knows so many people it's ridiculous, so i'm hoping he'll find someone who wants him. i would just feel so much better knowing he's with someone my brother knows and maybe i could go visit him.

it's heartbreaking.
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
Aww I feel so terrible for you. i am glad finn is okay.
at least its good he will be finding another home, then maybe you can see him once in a while. im glad no one was hurt
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I don't mean to sound insensitive but do you think he's safe to rehome? What if he goes for another child? Sad
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
what kind of doggie is he?
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
PurestGreen wrote:
I don't mean to sound insensitive but do you think he's safe to rehome? What if he goes for another child? Sad

my brother is asking all his single male friends. if he doesn't find anyone then my parents will tell the spca that he'd be best with a single male and that's he definitely not good with children.

when you turn a dog in to the spca you have to fill out a large amount of paperwork detailing the behavior of the dog and their problem areas. the spca is all about retraining dogs and placing them in proper homes, so they wouldn't let him go if they didn't think it would work out.

suzy, he's a boston terrier.
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
Is this the first child he's ever been around a lot or has something like this happened before? The dog may just need to be taught that this isn't okay to do. He may have just been agitated and attacked as a natural response.
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
BridgetHeartsFinn wrote:
PurestGreen wrote:

my brother is asking all his single male friends. if he doesn't find anyone then my parents will tell the spca that he'd be best with a single male and that's he definitely not good with children.

when you turn a dog in to the spca you have to fill out a large amount of paperwork detailing the behavior of the dog and their problem areas. the spca is all about retraining dogs and placing them in proper homes, so they wouldn't let him go if they didn't think it would work out.

suzy, he's a boston terrier.

Ok, i understand. I really am sorry Sad
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
well

i do dog rescue with all breed rescue here in austin texas
and we are partners with the spca
they are a no kill sheleter so he would be placed and not uthinized
im sure he would find a home pretty fast
boston terrieres are small dogfs and alot of pople are looking to adopt smaller dogs these days

im really sorry about all that and i hope everything works out
|