Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Foggy Head, Lightheaded.. Really Worried! (Page 1)

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
so, this is how my story goes: i am 30 year old female. i have been diagnosed with asthma when i was 15, since then i have been having problems, but for the past 3 years asthma is under control since i have been on seretide 250 mg. i also have nose polips and chronic sinus infection. my nose was runny for 3 yers or so, but since i am using one drug containing budesonide i am ok, my nose is not runny anymore.

so , here it is what's bothering me. from time to time i have this strange symptoms: i feel very lightheaded, i have some strange foggy feeling in my head, usually no specific headaches, just some head pressure between my eyes and on my forehead.
i hate that foggy feeling, 'cos it makes me feel very blurry, like i am in a twilight zone, that i cannot concentrate well.. Sad
the first time something like this happened was 2 years ago when i had my first migraine attack, and then after the attck passed, i was feeling foggy for week or so. but now, when this fogginess happens, i don't experience migraine headache, just that pressure on my forehead that i was talking about.
besides that, i don't get any vertigo, i wouldn't say that i have that usual dizzy spells, it is just that i sometimes feel unstable in my head, like i am on a boat or something like that.

also i would like to point out that i am a serious worry person, i worry about everything, i am also hypohondriac and the smallest thing is a misery to me Cool during past years, due to some emotional and family problem, i have developed some anxiety problems too - stomachache, stomach neurosis, non visible shaking from the inside and headpressure.

one other thing - i have developed some neck pain lately due to bad posture. i am shortsighted, i wear contact lenses, sometimes glasses, i don't see much without it Rolling Eyes so , while sitting in front of pc, i automaticlly go forward, to see the monitor better, which is causing my neck pain.

so, here is my question: my head problems (foggy feeling, lightehaded, dizzy) - could there be a result of chronic sinusitis, even though i don't have runny nose, nor any other symptom of sinusitis, besides high forehead pressure. or, these sypmtoms are also a result of my anxiety, or even neck problems and bad posture? or, the worst option of all, is this isolated symptom which should be treated? remmeber, i am a hypohondriac, so i am thinking about all other terrible things.. MS is my fave immaginary disease heheh Laughing fogginess is the thing that worries me the most.

sorry for the long post.. hope someone will be able to help me Smile

thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper WIFI1
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Actually, these symptoms might be result of DIET. Try cutting out all dairy (milk, eggs, butter, yogurt), sweets and caffeine (tea, coffee). Increase your intake of fresh vegetables, especially green veggies. Try this for 2-3 weeks and see how you feel.
|

replied February 13th, 2009
Same feeling
Hi there, I have the same type of feeling. I traveled recently and never caught up on sleep. Definitely ate different and more than usual, but well. I feel like I cant catch up on sleep and in a total fog. Cant concentrate, weird. Started on high blood pressure meds 3 weeks ago but this didnt start until 2 weeks after taking those so not sure thats it. I dont like this feeling and not sure what to do? thanks

-J
|

replied March 16th, 2009
If you are take birth control pills that would be your problem. Check your hormon levels ASAP and your thyroid levels. You might be hypothroidism. If you are on the pill stop taking it ASAP and start using progestrone cream. read about how to use that. also take fish oil vitimins and B12. Take a one a day womens vitamin an folic acid vitamin. look up other treatments for hormon imbalances. Stress age ect can cause hormon imbalances. I have this problem. STUDY about it and learn everything you can about it. It will take time to get better but you will so be strong and fight through it. Good luck
|

replied July 3rd, 2009
Follow-up?
Hi,
Did you ever find out what the issue was? Your symptoms are just like mine.
Thanks.
|

replied September 21st, 2009
Light Headed, Foggy, No Fever, Cyclic,
The same...light headed, foggy. No fever. Makes me afraid to drive at times. Only illnesses were cold and flu over 4 years ago, otherwise had no headaches before that. Wife started first, I was affected within 4-5 months. I told her she had a flu when I was feeling good, but since I have it, I started thinking otherwise (note to self: people aren't stupid, they know their problems well). Contagious? Blood tests (not sure which), no diabetes, no hiv, ECG, MRI all ok. Fogginess comes and goes like a wave over a period of 1-2 weeks. What the hell is this? Ticks, malaria, bioterroism, the govt playing with brain waves? We travel alot...airports. Please help.
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
Has anyone found a solution yet?
|

replied March 28th, 2010
foggy headed
Anyone find out, her story is exactly like mine. especially the hypochondria and the anxiety!!
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2010
hi
I feel far away, hard to focus. I space out. My head is not an ache but a pressure.
|

replied May 1st, 2010
i know how you feel!
I have had botox and I have this too. I thought botox helped.
It is not even a headache and I look normal but I def. don''t feel that way. I feel like it''s an out of body experience.
You might say "well quit the botox," but this has really helped with my dancing eyebrows and I don''t get much.
I''m also a stressed procrastinator type but usually deal with stuff ok. Please help!
|

replied June 23rd, 2010
Ditto to everything that has been posted so far. I have had this horrible foggy head for probably 20 years now.
I have tried and failed to get a diagnosis. I have had my ears looked into and tested, MRI, carpal tunnel test, blood tests, all normal, vitamin B12 infusion, my diet is healthy.
I have regular migraines.
My doctor now firmly believes that i am either mad or making it up, and i am afraid to go back.
I know what i feel but when i describe these symptoms, i sound crazy. The disconnected feeling, the cotton wool in the head, the distorted lens vision, pressure in the head and ears, could all be mental.
But i have recently found similar problems reported on a vertigo/labyrinthitis message board, and it all fits.

Please people, let's find out what this is. I believe it may be inner ear damage, read about the symptoms and post back here, i really want to know if you think this might be it.
Sue
|

replied July 1st, 2010
Plugged Ears/Sinus pressure
Well I must say I think we are all related! I am 52 with Asthma and bad allergies. That includes food allergies. Especially Gluten/wheat. My ears are very plugged and always feel dizzy. I cannot think clearly and forget names at times. Its very scary. The doctor says its all from allergies. I have been on Prednisone for the past 3 days for my Asthma and that seemed to help the first day but since I have dropped the dosage to ween off of it the pressure is still there in fact it seems more intense. You may notice a difference when the wind blows more too or a weather change. Its very frustrating for me I am on all kinds of allergy medications and they dont really help. I know its not a life threatening thing cause we are all surviving its just difficult. This is the worst allergy season I have ever seen. I live in the lower Hudson valley of NY. Good luck all but I think its something we have to live with. If you have not been checked for food allergies get a blood test your symptoms can be from food/drink-ie caffeine.
|

replied July 12th, 2010
I too have the head pressure, blurry at times soreness in temple area. Does anyone else take Ambien?
|

replied August 11th, 2010
Foggy, Too!
I'm 26 and grew up in eastern NC. I've particularly remembered feeling "foggy headed" for the past four or five years. Around the age of 18 (or 20?, I began taking allergy shots, as I've had severe problems with allergies and sinuses all of my life. Diagnosed with asthma at age 5.

I'll frequently lose my balance when suddenly standing after sitting for a while - general dizziness. I yawn a lot, especially during periods of the foggy feeling.

I've heard people mention depression in various searches I've done, but I'm generally a happy guy. I worry a good bit, too, and am pretty introverted. I'm in the middle of a Ph.D. program, and that provides its own pressures and stress, but it's a program I enjoy. Anyway, maybe I'm in denial, but I don't think it's that.

I also have a problem remembering names at times, as someone else mentioned recently. I, too, am a procrastinator, etc.

I haven't tried eliminating dairy - I've never heard of that possible remedy. My doctor has mentioned before that all of this could come from allergies, and it would make sense. After living in Chicago for the past year, my allergies and sinuses erupted horribly after returning to VA three weeks ago. It's probably no coincidence that the "fog" has come back recently. (I had very little chronic or serious problems with allergies or sinuses in Chicago; the fog came and went, but with less intensity.)
|

replied August 13th, 2010
headaches, scar tissue on brain
I was wondering if anyone can give me some answers, I had brain surgery ten years ago and have alot of scar tissue on my actual brain from the operation,could all the scar tissue be the cause of my headaches and dizziness? I have had mri,and all clear..just heaps of scar tissue.Thanks.
|

replied August 25th, 2010
Experienced User
Re: headaches, scar tissue on brain
jessie66 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone can give me some answers, I had brain surgery ten years ago and have alot of scar tissue on my actual brain from the operation,could all the scar tissue be the cause of my headaches and dizziness? I have had mri,and all clear..just heaps of scar tissue.Thanks.

Yep, I've had many MRI of the brain, and they found out that I had a brain, but couldn't find out why I was suffering with my deep headaches and migraines and dizziness and ringing in the ears and my fogginess in the brain and my forgetfulness and my loss of memory; and then the penny dropped.

I found out that I am sensitive to electro magnetic radiation, and if you are continually using any form of cordless wireless equipment, such as cell phones, DECT phones, and Wi Fi, then I would stop, because that may be what is causing you the problem.
|

replied November 7th, 2011
How did you find out you're sensitive to electro magnetic radiation? How can other ppl check for that?
|

replied October 25th, 2010
head foggy and havy
my head started to feel very foggy and havy about 3 month ago when i look in the mirror just cant seem to concentrate very blurry. Had an MRI and CT both clear also had MRI sinus and that also was clear. nothin seems to be helping, was also told my ears were clear but they feel very blocked. It is so hard to discaribe how i feel just very foggy just not with it, have never had anything like this be4, it has got me so down that i just cant face leaving the house or doing normal things with my 3 year old Sad
|

replied October 26th, 2010
Experienced User
Re: head foggy and havy
nanachka wrote:
my head started to feel very foggy and havy about 3 month ago when i look in the mirror just cant seem to concentrate very blurry. Had an MRI and CT both clear also had MRI sinus and that also was clear. nothin seems to be helping, was also told my ears were clear but they feel very blocked. It is so hard to discaribe how i feel just very foggy just not with it, have never had anything like this be4, it has got me so down that i just cant face leaving the house or doing normal things with my 3 year old Sad

Do you live near a cell phone communication tower?
Do you have a DECT cordless phone in your house?
Do you have a wireless computer, modem, and router?
Do you live near a Wi Fi hotspost?
|

replied November 28th, 2010
Head pressure and dizzy all the time.
I been feeling kind of dizzy for the past 2 or 3 months that i could remember. I feel like im on a boat that kind of dizzy moving side by side. I also get like a pressure on my head at times from all side. Maybe i get it on the left side and later on move to the right side later to the front like that. I been having stuffy nose for a veryy longgg timee maybe it could be a sinusitis infection or something idk. Could the sinus could be the reason for all this dizzyness or head pressure?

I also have anxiety that i developed after smooking weed two years ago after a really bad high. I stoped smoking even ciggars. Dont smoke dont drink. I have become very hypohondriac also. Every feeling that i have i just start thinking right away is something bad or life threating. Can someone help me !!!
|

replied January 2nd, 2011
dizzy fog light head
yes foggy light headed like im in a bubble? my personal opinion is to change your diet. cut out all soda, caffiene, cut down on junk food & sugar mybe even dairy products? incorporate some kind of light exersize schedule & get on a normal sleep pattern! hope thats helpful?
|

replied November 12th, 2011
Hi, I am 13yrs old and have been feeling very similar feelings to what has been listed above... I worry a lot (not good. I'm only 13!) but I am generally quite a happy person. I have a good diet so I don't think that's what is wrong... I feel every so often very dizzy, as though I need to fall, and a fog comes:( it gets very hard to see but it only lasts a few seconds and then passes? Is there a solution? It doesn't seem to effect me too badly but its worrying. Oh, I'm also athsmatic and have many allergies.
thank you, Alana
|
12 >>