Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Saheli Contraceptive Pill

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hi,

I am a 28 yr guy from India. I am getting married after two months.

An oral contraceptive pill called "Saheli" is available here for females. The pill claims to be the only pill which is steroid-free. I am planning that my future-wife could use it for the purpose of contraception.

I think this is not a once-a-day pill, rather once/twice-a-week pill.

I want to know when should she start taking this pill (I mean how many days before we have sex). Or is it something related to her menstrual cycle ? Please give a clear picture on this.

Also, if you have any other information w.r.t. "Saheli" contraceptive pill, please share with me.

Kind Regards,

Naveen
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Aryeani
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
Most pills are dependent on the girl's menstrual cycle as to when she should start it. It should come with detailed instructions telling you when you start and when it would be safe to have sex without the use of another form of birth control. For some pills, it's a week. For some, a month. It really just depends on the pill itself. Just refer to the pamphlet that comes with the pills and you'll be fine.
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Also ask your doctor any questions you have and tell him any of your concerns. Get as much information as you can before she starts the pills. You will be much safer that way.
|

replied February 18th, 2009
saheli
im 23 year old married girl
aftr having the first after how many days we can have an intercourse?
|

replied November 17th, 2010
my wife had been takeing saheli for 3monthsand stoped. now i want ababy. how long the effect of the drug continues.
|

replied February 2nd, 2011
i'm 23yr old boy want to take that pills. WHAT it EFFECTS ON ME
|

replied April 14th, 2011
Please give me some address in chennai from where I can purchase
Please give me some address in chennai from where I can purchase Saheli Pill.
|

replied June 10th, 2011
Buying Saheli pills
Where can I buy these pills in Mumbai? Please email me
|

replied July 16th, 2011
In mumbai you can buy it from pharmacies.

~Saheli~
|

replied March 17th, 2012
Saheli is dangerous
The Pill "Saheli" does not stop the ovulation of a woman, but prevents the fertilized egg from nesting in the mother's womb. Let me put this in different words: At the moment of conception a unique new human being comes into existence- one which has never been seen on the face of the earth..within hours of conception, this tiny baby sends out a hormonal message to its mummy saying: I'm here, mummy...please prepare the nest for me!. This hormonal message is suppressed by this drug. The child goes 'unheard' and an abortion takes place. A child is killed.
|

replied April 29th, 2012
Saheli availability in South Bangalore?
I am writing from Bangalore, my wife is using "Saheli" since last 5 years, it is a good medicine. But since there is no regular supplier available in Bangalore every time we are facing lots of problem to find the medicine. Due to non availability of the medicine every year she have to start the cycle newly. Even if I tried to purchase a full box of it, but 99% time it is not available, even if most of the medicine shops don't know the name of the medicine. Can you guide me a supplier/distributor in South Bangalore, where can I get it on regular basis.
|

replied August 29th, 2012
Information & Effects on body of pills
I have started saheli pills before 17 days with the day of menstrual cycle date. now i have feeling pain in stomach. What is this . Can i Drop these pills now
|

replied August 31st, 2012
no you dont need to stop the pill..sometimes pain may occur during initial 4-5 month lasting for few minutes..but no need to stop this wonder non steroidal drug.
|