Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Rash Without Fever

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
About 10 days after a potential hiv exposure I noticed one area just above my love handles on each side of my body. Each area was about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide and consisted of about 5-6 red dots. I had nothing anywhere else, no fever, etc. but these two patches of red dots. I scratched one and it bled. By the next morning, both were almost completely faded away. Now about 6 weeks later, if you look real hard I can see bumps where the dots used to be. I did have a stress test right before I noticed the dots and before they put the leads on they scratch the hell out of you to make sure there is good contact. I am wondering if these areas could just be irriation from that or if, indeed, this could have been an hiv symptom. I know I need to be tested regardless as many people have no symptoms at all and I did have a potential exposure, but right now real afraid to even get tested since these areas, rashes, or whatever they are have me real nervous.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 15th, 2007
Im going through a similar situation....so i really understand your concern....one thing i have learned after all my research on hiv...is that most of the symptoms will hit you at one time.....and if you do have early symptoms you will usually have more than just 1.....so if you did have some work dont somewhere near that area....its probably from that...not hiv....i feared getting tested as well....because i dont know what ill do if the results are positive....but i realized i was driving myself crazy not knowing.....so either way my life was in shambles....lol....i decided to get tested at 3 weeks....negative....i got another test 2 days ago...and i will have the results wednesday....im praying that its good....and i will pray for you as well....let us learn from our mistakes to prolong our life as well as others~!....
|
Did you find this post helpful?