Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

Bloated stomach & nausea + urine test w/ protein and blood .

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
User Profile
I have started with nausea and headaches and feeling hot and sweaty but no temperture i feel generaly unwell and feel more tired my urine sometimes burns but not all the time but have just finshed some antibioties. My stomach bloats aswell. I have been getting these symtoms for a few weeks now. I have had a urine test done and found some protein and blood in it.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2007
Nausea Answer A3100
Nausea and a bloated stomach could be due to some type of digestive disorder generally called "dyspepsia". Headache and tiredness are general symptoms and are present during many disorders. Experiencing a burning sensation while urinating could be due to a urinary tract infection, or "UTI". Proteins and blood in the urine support that diagnosis. But proteins and blood in the urine can be also due to kidneys failure. Creatinin and urea levels in the blood should be checked to exclude renal failure. You can consult your GP or a nephrologist for further tests.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nausea , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.