Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Pap Results -- "low Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesi

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
"Low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion encompassing HPV/ mild dysplasia"

I am wondering if a female had a tampon stuck in them and didn't know for about a week, got it out, but had a pap smear about 10 days after that if it could cause an abnormal pap like the one mentioned above Question Thanks in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2007
Supporter
i have no idea... i have heard a couple of different women on the forum saying they have accidentally left tampons in for up to a week but they were fine afterwards (that's not to say it's recommended.....) your doctor him/herself is the person to ask.
|

replied July 4th, 2007
It could be possible that the LSIL result could be due to a mild cervical infection from leaving a tampon in for that long. However, HPV encompassing sounds like it was caused from an HPV infection. I had the same result a few years ago. The best thing to do is to talk to your doctor about your result and they will probably suggest a repeat pap in 6 months to see if your cervical cells have returned to normal.
|

replied March 11th, 2009
Excuse me but...
I never thought anyone could be that stupid. For starters how in the world can you "forget" to take out a tampon...secondly how the heck do you not know its there? If you get an infection after leaving a tampon in for over a week that is your own stupid fault and nobody should feel sorry for you if you get Toxic Shock Syndrome or anything else for that matter. No kidding you have abnormal cells! You have to be a douch pig or really brain dead to make sucha stupid mistake. Did you not read the instructions before you used the tampon....mind you it is common sense and you seem to be lacking that if you don't know to take it out after a few hours...!**@!.
|

replied February 10th, 2011
wow pokerface. that was unnecessarily brutal. My friend left a tampon in for 2 weeks and one time I accidentally had 3 in (she is 40 years old, I was 17) but seriously, yes it's stupid but damn. Have you never been spacey or forgotten about anything? It must be really great to be you.
|