Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Awesome Movie!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
we just watched the new john cusack movie, 1408. holy crap! it was soooo good!

anyone else seen it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 29th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
i haven't seen it but i read the short story. it looks pretty different from what i remember in the book but it was a pretty creepy story anyway. i don't know if i feel like watching anything scary right now but i have to go see at least one more movie before the baby comes cuz it'll probably be a long time before i get out again.
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2007
Supporter
is that the one where hes in a room and (by what it sounds like from the adds) people cant find him and hes talking to his wife online?
|

replied June 29th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
was it really that scary? like pop out scary or like... twisted scary?
|

replied June 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
im too scared to see it!
my husband is dying to..
he loves scary movies and always wants to see if any will freak him out..
personally i get nightmares super easy
im thinking about going with him though..just for one last horah before bree is born

is it really scary?
|

replied June 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i didn't think it was really "scary", it was more of a thriller.

this is what entertainment weekly says about it:

a reassuringly old-school-gothic stephen king freak out. john cusack, as a writer of travel books devoted to "haunted" inns, checks into room 1408 of a ny hotel. what follows is a roller coaster of a head trip.

we weren't expecting much when we got it (i just love john cusack so i wanted to see it) and about 15 minutes in we were completely hooked. i'd give it an .a!
|

replied June 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Everytime I see an ad I am compelled to run to the movies!!!

I love movies like that!!! I think .stepen .king is odd, but that's why I love him!!!!

Freeaaakkkyyyyyy!!!

Sarah
|

replied June 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ok...so is this movie a thriller like "omg don't go in there!" or "omg he just cut my leg off"? LOL

I love thrillers that make me jump in my skin, but gory ones make me disappointed I didn't spend my $3 on something else.
|

replied June 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i don't know how to describe it without giving stuff away... it's not gory at all but it's also not jump out and scare you (ok, maybe a couple parts).

it was seriously good and i highly recommend it!

and we don't pay for movies so we're never disappointed like that.
|

replied June 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I was wondering if it was a good movie. Guess .I'll have to see it.

Stephen .King is odd, very odd. He has a home in .Bangor and well, he's odd. He's done a lot for the community though. Very giving man.

He used to do tours of his mansion years ago. Before the wacko stole the bats on his fence and before the other wacko started saying he killed .John .Lennon.
|

replied June 30th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
stephen king has written some really good stories. i've read a lot of his books. lately i haven't really been into his stuff, most authors get repetitive after you've read most of their work. but i think he's been a little underrated by critics on some of his work. i guess he's not complaining when it comes to book sales though. anyway that was a bit of a tangent.
|

replied June 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ok, silly question Embarassed
Is this on dvd yet?
That may be a good thing to know before I head off and look for it.

Edit....n/m, it's still not out on dvd Confused
|

replied June 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
no, it just came out in theaters last night (i think).
|

replied June 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, I looked it up to see if it was on dvd, and I saw it said .june 22, so I got excited, then realized it opened in theaters then Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
I got .Pans .labyrinth instead. I didn't see anything else I've heard of...and it was a free rental. We shall see.
|

replied June 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
IHeartMyBostonTerrier wrote:
no, it just came out in theaters last night (i think).

well im going to take your word on it and go see it hopefully tomarrow night
if travis (the boyfriend) wants to go with me
hed rather watch those movies like...pirates of the carrabean over and over again

if i get scared and start to cry...im blameing it all on you :]
j/k
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2007
Supporter
i want to see it!

We went to see live free or die trying................fan-freakin'-tastic Very Happy
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply