Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Miscarriage and Stillbirth Forum

Am I Miscarrying?

On Tuesday I took an hpt and if was posistive (faint line). I went to my OBGYN for confirmation, took another urine test, which came back negative. The nurse said it was probably too early to have enough of the hormone in my system, since if was not my first urine.

Later that afternoon I started bleeding. I am to start taking Herbs for Her and the directions say to start taking it anywher from day 1 to 5 of your period, but not to start taking it if you are pregnant. So...just to be ultra safe, I took an hpt this morning (Friday). It came up positive again.

Am I miscarrying?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 29th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
did you show your Dr. the tests??

I would call again and tell her that you took a second test and it's positive again.

When you say you started bleeding, are you cramping too? did you take the herbs, then cramp? or cramp before you took the herbs?

Sarah
|

replied June 29th, 2007
I had light cramping the whole week before the first faint positive test, but nothing like my usual cramps. The second test, that I took today, was not a faint positive. It was positive.

I did not take the herbs. Better safe than sorry.

Is it possible the hpts were defective? They both came from the same 3 pack. When I retest, I will use the last one of the 3, as well as another one. If its still positive, I will demand a blood test and show my doctor the test.

I was just wondering if anyone out there had this happen to them. Its quite strange, I would think, to have a faint positive, start my "period", and then take another test 3 days later and and it be a stronger positive.
|