Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Appendicitis On My Left Side ???

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
I recently had my appendix removed... My incisions and scars are located on the left side of my body instead of my right... Is that normal? When I had my Abdominal CT scan done I was misdiagnosed with the Flu; 12 hours later I was recalled and went into emergency surgery. Is it possible that I may have SITUS INVERTUS and that is why my appendicitus was ignored?? When I was younger I had heart problems and every now and then have occasional chest pain.. Is it possible that I have Situs Invertus with Toltalis?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
wish i could help ya out but i really dont have the slightest clue as to what you are talking abuot as ive never heard those words or terms before Sad srry
|

replied August 26th, 2007
Experienced User
Hi. I had my appendix removed a few days ago I too have a incision on my left side I asked my surgeon why and he explained that it had moved to the middle of my abdomen so it was actually easier for them to get it out through my left side rather than fooling around and possibly damaging something on my right side, hope that helps you a bit.
|

replied February 27th, 2010
hi
i had my appendix taken out last year in may and after operation and i couldnt wee so there put a catheter inside my bladder then i went to urology and there told me my bladder stoped working and i was geting infections all time and now i have a suprapubic catheter in. i still get high temputers and also acute pylonephitis of kidneys frm kelly
|

replied January 15th, 2013
I had my appendix removed 2 days ago and my opening is on the left hand side. I dont know why as my stepdad had his removed and his scar is on his right. I had key hole surgery to start with and the docs noticed my appendix had enlarged. But have no idea why i have the wound on my left :/
|