Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Bone Cancer After Breast Cancer

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
Hello everyone, my aunt had breast cancer 7 years ago was treated by chemo and has been in cancer free for 7 years untill now. They just recently dx'd her with bone cancer after having a Bone scan as well CT scan. They found lesion on her skull, spine and pelvis. They also just took a biospy from the same breast she had cancer in before.. doc thought it looked and felt specisious.

My question is after her visit to the oncol. last week they had told her that radiation was not an option for her. Does anyone know why this would be? And it now seems like they are focusing more on the breast issue then bone.. she has now even had a BMB yet?? I am really confused and we are not really getting much answers I am very worried about her.

Please any information would be GREAT... thank you for your time
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Bone Cancer After Breast Cancer
pdrjay4297 wrote:
Hello everyone, my aunt had breast cancer 7 years ago was treated by chemo and has been in cancer free for 7 years untill now. They just recently dx'd her with bone cancer after having a Bone scan as well CT scan. They found lesion on her skull, spine and pelvis. They also just took a biospy from the same breast she had cancer in before.. doc thought it looked and felt specisious.

My question is after her visit to the oncol. last week they had told her that radiation was not an option for her. Does anyone know why this would be? And it now seems like they are focusing more on the breast issue then bone.. she has now even had a BMB yet?? I am really confused and we are not really getting much answers I am very worried about her.

Please any information would be GREAT... thank you for your time

Most doctors feel the most important treatment for bone metastases is treatment directed against the cancer rather than treating only the areas to which the cancer has spread. This is usually done with systemic therapies.
Radiation therapy can be used to cure primary cancers that have not spread too far from their original site. When a cancer has metastasized to bones, radiation is used to relieve (palliate) symptoms.

Hope you'll find this helpful!
All the best to you and your aunt!
|
Did you find this post helpful?