Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Tiny Little Rashes Like Permanent Goose Pimple's

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I have had these patches of rashes in different area's for a long time now. They are mostly concentrated on my lower back. I have a few on the top's of my leg's also. I did have them in other area's like on my arms but some have gone. I went to a doctor and he said that it may be a yeast infection. The same type that can cause dandruff but affecting my skin also. He said that nizoral shampoo might cure it. Anyboby else out there have any idea's. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Kit
|

replied March 4th, 2004
I think I may have the same problem. I've always had little red bumps on my upper thighs and now I have them on my triceps and my arms. Any treatment advice is appreciated.
|

replied July 30th, 2004
Goose Pimple Rash
I am so glad someone else knows how I feel. I also have these goose pimples on my arms and upper thigh. I use aqueous cream and emulsifying ointment on it. You have to use both everyday. The emulsfiying ointment is good to wash with and the aqueos cream is good as a mosturiser. I would'nt say that they have gone totally but the skin has become a lot smoother. I still find it hard to wear short sleeves in the summer.

Does anyone know about a total cure? I always wonder why I have it and why none of my family or friends have it. Does anyone know how it happens?
|

replied August 4th, 2004
Yup! I Have Answers That Can Help!
Confirm this with your doctor... :d

but it sounds like . . .

What you actually have is called keratosis pilaris, a common mild condition in which the backs of the upper arms look rather like dried out, plucked chicken flesh. If this is the case, half of your children are likely to have the same future in store for them. Keratosis pilaris is hereditary. The rash is caused by firm little plugs forming in the hair follicles. The plugs themselves are made of bits of keratin, the main protein found in the outermost protective layer of skin (thus the name keratosis). These plugged follicles give the skin a raised, stippled appearance. Since the rash is associated with and worsened by dryness of the skin, most people experience a clear-cut seasonal variation -- generally worse in the winter. Although the rash changes in intensity from time to time, the baseline usually stays the same until middle adolescence, when it begins to improve. Adults who still have keratosis pilaris often experience further improvement during the middle decades. Usually it is on the arms but is also found on the backs or fronts of thighs and buttocks. Some people even experience it on the face. It is not curable but is treatable! I have had it since childhood, a terrible case of it, and have found physician who finally knew what they were talking about! I am 33! The following treatment has in 4 weeks given me silky smooth arms with very slight visible bumps (far cry from the red sometimes painful itchy bumps) I also now have a fine down of hair finally growing on my arms for the first time ever. Ok, shower and use a coarse body brush or strong loofa to scrub the bumps (all of them) with an acne body wash like neutrogena. It may be painful for the first few days, but its worth it. After you towel dry, apply lac-hydrin cream (this is prescription, so find a doctor that understands kerotosis pilaris) generously to area, then again at bedtime. Its not cheap, but you will see and feel improvment in a couple weeks maybe sooner! After they clear up, you can go to once a day to make your cream last longer. You won't be disappointed!

Als, make sure you are getting a vitamin a supplement, this will help keep your smooth skin, don't over do it on the vit. A though, you can overdose. Good luck! (i have a feeling I will be cutting and pasting this message a few times as alot of people have this problem...About 50% actually!!!)
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska