Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

White Tongue ...

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Thanks. I have a white/patchy tongue, Especially down the middle of my tongue, and in the back. The whiteness just won't go away. Should I see a doctor?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2007
Re: White Tongue...please Help.
PleaseHelp9999 wrote:
Thanks. I have a white/patchy tongue, Especially down the middle of my tongue, and in the back. The whiteness just won't go away. Should I see a doctor?

I think you should. Might be an .S.T.D. i learnt about an .s.t.d in health class that you would get white bumps and patches but i dont know it could be anything. im only 14 i just know what i've learnt. lol =]
|

replied June 24th, 2007
Experienced User
Infection?
You might be fighting an infection.

When you brush your teeth do you brush your tongue at the end of brusing your teeth?

Try this or gargling with salt water.

If anything it will help kill the germs in your mouth.

Good luck.
|

replied June 25th, 2007
It's actually more of a white coating, and I know that it can't be an STD.

I've had it for like a year, and it hasn't gone away.
|

replied July 4th, 2007
It could also be yeast, which forms on your tongue as a result of a vitamin deficiency or poor dieting. Either way, when in doubt, get it checked out. Whatever it turns out to be, you and your doctor can find a treatment solution that works for you.

Let us know how everything goes. Take care,
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Good Greif
this sounds like geographical tongue and is perfectly harmless. there isnt any std involved.
|

replied September 17th, 2011
geographic patchy white tongue
yes its geographic tongue, I have it. I take L Lysine which helps, b vitamins and zinc but you HAVE TO KEEP TAKING THEM or it comes back. I get it in times of stress but I dont think DRs know much about it as been a few times and they just say its harmless and uncureable! Annoying! I am sure there must be something. I had it 10 yrs ago too and it just went away eventually. But this time I have had it for over 2 years!
|
Quick Reply