Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

its been 2 months since my last period

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
well.. firstly im 19 my name is ali.. ok myporblem is.. i havent had a period since apil28th so its been 2 months since mylast period.. i took 2 test both came out negative...i have had pains in my lower left side and a sharp pain in my back.. i dont knw what to do.. i do not experince morning sickness.. i did just start a new job though right after my last period and it stresses me.. would that be a cuase and if so would it be 2 months late due to mystressing job? anyways anyone that can give me some sort of insight please feel free to have at me with some advice. Please and thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mrsbuzski
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Experienced User
?
You forgot to mention the "if you had sex part".

Regardless; because of the pains, lack of period for close to two months you should probably make a doctor appointment.
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Experienced User
Don't Worry Yourself Silly
Sorry, let me rephrase that, "not, if, but when, was the last time you had intercourse?"
|

replied June 25th, 2007
I remember when we did the menstural cycle in psychology and it can be effected by a number of things including stress so it could be the stress of a new job thats caused it, or maybe a change in diet? But when my mother was very early pregnant with my brother the doctors told her she wasn't, they made a mistake. If you suspect you might be pregnant maybe you should check again just to be sure. I don't know what else can cause late periods though, sorry.
|

replied June 25th, 2007
Experienced User
Stress can delay your period. i know its happened to me. but also too there could be other issues even besides pregnacy that can cause a delay. but two months? thats kinda a logn time, i would suggest to make an appnt with ur OBGYN to make sure there is no other serious issues going on.
|

replied June 27th, 2007
Blah =(
i am sexually active with one person, and there is a chnace that I'mpregnant , but I have no symptoms. Only missedperiod. I have a dr appnt on monday. iduno ;/
|

replied July 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
Im very similar, except that my period is 4 months late. Ive had bloods done, urine checked and everything is normal and i am not pregnant. ive had an ultrasound done as well and that came back normal. I too get back pains, but mine are on both left and right, occasionally interchanging and the rest at the same time, but i get pain all up my spine, its put me in hospital 4 times because its so sore but nobody can tell me what it is. I was taking monofeme (b/c pill) could that cause it? also i get very easily stressed and was put on anxiety pills yesterday. Could the stress cause me to have missed it by so much?
|

replied July 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Blah =(
alibaby wrote:
i am sexually active with one person, and there is a chnace that I'mpregnant , but I have no symptoms. Only missedperiod. I have a dr appnt on monday. iduno ;/

symptoms dont meen anything
most girls who are preg nenevr get morning sickness
sore boobs dont always come right away
you need to get a blood test done
|

replied May 12th, 2009
i need advice
i havent been very good on keeping track of my periods and all but i have been lately and my last period was on march 27th 2009 and i usually get symptoms of my period a week before and here it is may 12th and still no sign of period and yes ive had sex during that time period but with protection could i b pregnant or just worrying
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2013
Late Menstrual Cycle
Ok so me and my fianc have been trying for months to get Pregnant. My last period was January 15th. Well, here it is, May 23 and I still haven't had a period. The lifestyle that we lived in for a while was very stressful and we moved the 11th of this month so I'm not stressed anymore. Can stress really affect my period for this long?
|