Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Recurring Skin Rash In the Same Spot! (Page 1)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Looking for some insight here. I get a rash on the back of my neck and chest between my breasts that forms the same pattern every time. Its starts out itchy and red, then forms red bumps with little white spots at the top, the whole area of the back of my neck gets slightly swollen, raised with these bumps or tiny pimples. Eventually when they break & starts to dry up maybe even scab slightly it vanishes as quick as it can heal. I went to the dermatologist he could not dianose it. I belive that it might have something to do with cheese made from goats milk, does anyone know if that could be possible? The other thing i've notice is that it occurs more often when the seasons shift, summer to fall, winter to spring. Using a hair dryer on low w/heat seems to take the itch out and accelerate the whole process, which helps me get rid of it faster. Any thoughts on this would be greatly apprecated!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper casey101
|

replied December 17th, 2004
Ttt, since this is almost exactly the same condition I have...Only it's on 2 small patches on my face/chin.

Can anyone shed some light on what this might be? Any help is greatly appreciated.
|

replied May 16th, 2007
Strange Rash In Same Spot Also!!
I too have a skin rash that continues to come back year after year, normally around the time the seasons change spring to summer, summer to fall. And ALWAYS in the same spot...my right hip.

I can't figure it out for the life of me. It itches, though not terribly. It starts out red, then changes color. It almost looks like a big green/yellow thin scab is starting to form.

I try everything on it, to no avail. It pretty much has to run it's course I guess.

Any ideas as to what this rash is and what is causing it? My dr said dermititis or allergies and gave me pills and creams that do nothing.

I would like some help please.
|

replied June 27th, 2014
hey...i have an i dentical thing...right hip strange pattern rash....this one started a week ago or so....last year didn t hapen at all but every year since 2005...lasts a month and half usually...did you find out what it is?
|

replied June 27th, 2014
i have been bitten by a white tailed spider if that is a factor...while in the whitsunday islands
|

replied February 26th, 2008
me too....
when really stressing i get a rash on collarbone...same spot, itches so bad...all this after a bad sunburn few years ago
|

replied August 20th, 2008
recurrent rash in same spot
I have the same problem and tried to use aloe vera which was effective at least to relieve the itching. Then I researched on the net and it seemed like this condition might be psoriasis and there have also been trials done on the effects of aloe vera on treating psoriasis. You might want to look this condition up and see if it applies to you.
|

replied August 27th, 2008
Recurring skin rash
It sounds like eczema to me. I had it on my hands and fingers for years and my doctor gave me some cream which was basically steriods that I had to put on my hands every night. In the morning, my hands were cleared up but by the end of the day they were all broken out again. I finally found a lotion called Renew that actually cleared it up within 2 months and it hasn't come back. It's from a wellness company called Melaleuca and doesn't have any harsh chemicals in it. If you have any questions or would like some info, just let me know.
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2009
rash on the same spot
it's the same with me but i get mine on my right leg. i noticed that it comes back when i bathe with hot water all the time. but i'm not really sure if that's what's causing the rash. someone told me it might be caused by fungi.

i use Betnovate cream. it heals the rash quickly. sad to say that it still comes back every now and then(on the same spot!) but i immediately apply the cream when i see a few red bumps, stopping the inflammation before it worsens!
|

replied January 29th, 2009
i get recurring rash every day one of menstruation
i have recurring blotchy red rash at the two same spots. one on my under eye and the other on my lip lining. but i only get that when im menstruating. seen the doc but nothing is diagnosed too. the rash subsides within a day or two. but once it does, the skin will become very dry and start to peel. mometasone furoate helps with the peeling but the rash still comes back every menstruation cycle. nothing can be done to prevent it.

this is daunting me as it leaves a very bad and dark scar on my undereye.

Pls.. some kind soul pls help.
|

replied January 30th, 2009
recurring itchy rash on chest
I have been getting a recurring rash for last several years that breaks out in the center of my chest. the rash consists of several roundish red spots that are extremely itchy and scale. This too seems to occur during seasonal changes and more common during winter months. My doctor prescribed some steroid creme hat did help clear it up but I am more concerned with the cause as it comes back. Recently during an outbreak I took a multi vitamin and it was completely gone in 24 hours. I stopped taking the vitamins "Costco brand mens health" and a few days later I noticed it had come back during a workout. I started the vitamins again and within a day it completely disappeared again, where normally it could last for weeks if untreated. It appears vitamins worked much faster then the creme that took days to work. Maybe it is caused by a vitamin deficiency? I would be interested to know if multi-vitamins help any one else?
|

replied June 28th, 2011
I have had the same problem for years. I started taking a multi-vitamin about a month ago and the red spots just came back again so I try to taking a multi at night and see what happens. You posted this message 2 1/2 years ago so I hope you get this message. I will let you know if it works for me.
|

replied February 19th, 2009
Right on my wrist.
This rash is new to me, started only a few months ago, and at first I thought nothing of it. I supposed some of the soap I use to clean with at work simply didn't get washed properly, and kept it clean/dry and waited for it to go away, which it did. Weeks later, it came back, right in the same spot/pattern, on my inner wrist. It starts out as little bumps, then they scale over, nice and bright red. I had thought scabies at first, but they aren't spreading anywhere else. I may try the vitamin method myself, can't hurt.
|

replied February 23rd, 2009
My Son has this
My son who is 4 years old has a rash spot that occurred I thought when he got a little urine on his underwear and it rubbed. However, it then grew X10 and they told me it was fungus, we treated it with a ton of stuff from Nystatin (did nothing) to Terbinafine ointment and even an oral treatment. I saw a dermatologist and he said it looks like fungus and prescribed ertaczo. The rash for the most part completely disappeared. My son got a little more urine on it about 2 weeks into our 3 week time and it flared up again. The derm. gave us Mymmix to help with the urine burning problem. It has been 3 more days and we are again back to where we were (rash Gone for the most part) except for the little spot is still there that I'm sure if left will grow again. Can't seem to figure out what this is. Is it possible he is just allergic to his own urine? It looks like psoriasis if I let it grow. IS THERE A BETTER EXPLANATION??? Anyone know how to kill it?
|

replied March 12th, 2009
recurring skin rash
i too have a recurring rash on my left leg. It started last spring in western Mass. when I helped my husband clean around campsites. Diagnosed as contact dermatitis and given steroid pills. It cleared up for awhile then came back. again, steroid pills and hydrocortisone cream. it cleared up temporarily then came back. steroid pills again "for the last time" per the doctor. I stopped using splenda and it started drying up again. It came back again yesterday. I am getting VERY frustated.
|

replied March 25th, 2009
recurrent rash
I too get a recurrent rash on my right calf. I have tried nearly everything. I went to my MD and a Dermotologist. They bothe failed at treating it. I find that when it is most itchy is when it is bumpy and/or tiny pimply. So what I do is, firmly scrub it with a slightly rough soapy rag. Let it dry. Then swipe it with an alcohol swab. This dries it out. Then at the point where it begins to itch again, I apply Benedryl gel with aloe. Now it is clearing up nicely. Hope this helps.
|

replied January 25th, 2012
I have the same time. It drives me NUTS. Right now, it's worse than ever, because it's more widespread. I use alcohol wipes, which doesn't do the rest of my legs any good, but seems to dry up the rash a little bit and help with the horrid itching. it usually takes a couple weeks to go away, heat and warm water make it worse, as well as skin rubbing together. It comes and goes, has for years, and there is no predictor of when I'll get it. No doc knows what it is.
|

replied April 13th, 2009
recurrent rash
I have the same thing rash on face-chin every march -sept. Nothing has taken it away so this yr.im trying emu oil and it's taken away some of the redness, but it's only been 2 days going to give a shot hopefully it works since nothing has . I will update~
|

replied April 14th, 2009
recurring rash
i've had, for the past 3 or more yrs, a small cluster of tiny red bumps suddenly appear on my right middle finger (inbetween middle and ring) - they itch quite a bit in the beginning, while the swelling takes place. It's extremely tender to the touch (burning sensation)...gradually oozes out, slightly scabs and disappears. This all over the course of about 1-2 weeks. It's happened for probably the 4th time, and finally found myself wondering.....Think i've got my answers.
|

replied November 22nd, 2012
Sounds like a contact dermatitis allergy to the Nickel sulfate in your ring.
Studies have shown that out of all chemicals tested for in a standard skin patch test,Nickel sulfate is the most common cause of contact dermatitis.
|

replied April 15th, 2009
recurring rash
Do not use emu oil , deffently does not work actually made it worst! Now im back with the horrible rash growing all over my face~ I can't stand it , it's so embarrassing ! HELP ME PLEASE !
|

replied May 15th, 2009
OMG... exactly the same signs!
lildiavolo - This is exactly the same signs/symptoms as I have! I have had the same progression of the rash as well.
1. First it starts out being a little red.
2. Then it starts itching like mad!
3. Then I scratch it unknowingly while I'm sleeping.
4. After a couple days (before I found meds that worked) It would get the tiny white *pimple-like formations that would puss up and then eventually scab.
5. The whole area would swell up and get red. REALLY GROSS!

WARNING: this part may seem really gross to you all. This rash only appears right in the middle of my BUTT cheek. It used to appear on both butt cheeks, sometimes.
Oddly, the area of my butt cheek that the rash appears is RIGHT where your butt would meet the bottom part of the toilet seat lid when you're using it (i'm female and not obese)
Here's the even grosser part!!!... First of all I will always either put toilet paper on the toilet seat ~OR~ use a toilet seat cover.
- Most of the time I use two or MORE covers.

BUT, and lets be honest with each other, sometimes, when you're sitting on the toilet seat for longer than your average #1, sometimes, unfortunately, there's a possiblity you could still get some moisture on your butt... with probably someone ELSE's pee.. that pissed all over the toilet seat, or sweat, when it's really hot.
Although it is not common, you CAN get another person's pee on you. This pee is filled with nasty germs.. germs that your body isn't used to and that's probably the initial cause of MY particularly nasty rash.
This is when I get the rash. Now that I have pinpointed the cause of MY rash, I try to scrub and scrub my butt, but it doesn't help any.

I have talked to several Drs about this and they agree with my diagnosis. My diagnosis? A type of fungus comparable to athlete's foot.
Unfortunately, I compare this rash with a severe case of athlete's foot I once had.....AND WHAT CAUSES ATHLETE'S FOOT???!! Moisture in a place that's kept covered by tight clothing or tennis shoes, as well as friction or movement. Then the moisture is forced to stay there for long periods of time. That's when you get the rash. Like socks and tennis shoes in the middle of summer, this rash appears when I have unavoidably gotten some sort of germy moisture on my butt cheek and not been able to get rid of it....

This also happens when I go swimming and keep my wet bathing suit on and don't completely dry off. . . the wet bathing suit causes the rash sometimes too.

The treatment? Athlete's foot cream or spray!!! It doesn't make it go away immediately, but what it DOES do is make it run it's course a LOT quicker!! AND since I've started using the athlete's foot stuff I only get the rash on one butt cheek...LOL... I know .. sick isn't it? FYI... I've been tested for all STD's and I'm completely clean and always have been. Good luck with all your alls rashes and I hope my gross experience will help you in some way or another. haha
|

replied March 23rd, 2012
"Although it is not common, you CAN get another person's pee on you. This pee is filled with nasty germs.. germs that your body isn't used to and that's probably the initial cause of MY particularly nasty rash"

Urine is sterile unless someone has a UTI
|

replied June 29th, 2012
I have my rash on my left butt cheek,and no where else. It's so embarrassing. I think the itch is the worse though. I will have to try this. I comes and goes, sometimes it doesnt come for months.
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
Same exact thing
I have the exact same rash in the exact same spot as you. It comes and goes. I will feel tingly in that spot, then see the redness forming, avoid scratching but I will subconsciously scratch overnight then wake up with a huge cluster of tiny blisters and redness. It itches so bad. I usually try to scrape the blisters and apply a product by Dessert Essence called Kinder To Skin, which is made of alcohol and tea tree oil. It dries out the rash and makes it scab and heal... only to come back months later. What's odder is that I will get it on my left buttock and my right ring finger. I'm very confused by it and want to get to the root of the problem to cure it. It's very uncomfortable. It all started when I painted my kitchen several years back and was highly stressed.
|

replied October 12th, 2012
itchy rash
i have a rash just in between the crack of my but on the right side to the top it keeps disappearing then re-appearing and i cant stand it it gets so itching and bummpy urgh does anyone really know the cause of it
|

replied May 23rd, 2009
Rash on Skin all over body- eczema
Do not scratch or rub too much. Use soft cotton dresses only. Never use acrylic or polyester dresses,

Dermatologists will experiment with some steroid and antibiotics for a month or two and will say you will outgrow soon.

Take Steroid based Fluticozone propionate- Steroid based prescription oinment initially to bring rashes down. Elidal did not work.

Use Aveeno Soap or any Oatmeal soap. Use water soluble lotions two times a day like Aveeno's plain with no smell at least two times.Costly ones like Eucerin does not help due to oily type. Choose your sun tan carefully.

Otherwise keep away from contact with Laundry detergents. If it is children younger than 4 years wash the dress and inner ware separately and do not use smelly drying agents. Keep diapers changed frequently. Start helping them get used to multi vitamin chewables. Keep humidity level in home controlled neither too dry nor too humid. Do vent cleaning and air duct cleaning once a year. Keep your pets clean. Steam clean your carpet.

For some adults the vegetables like Zucchini is not acceptable to skin even for some adults.

Try some of the above in the right order suitable to your age. Most of them have worke. I got my 1 year old out of this nightmare after several trials. now she is a happy 2nd grade.

She still get some dryness and some spots on face and skin..goes away if you apply Aveeno lotion two to three times and Aveeno sun tan only. For dryness at the end of your lip/mouth take B12 vitamin.
|

replied September 11th, 2009
Recurring Rash
I have a singular spot that is - at this point (months!)- recurring. It is under my wedding ring - oddly it is patterned exactly like the underside of my ring (probably due to swelling & my skin molding to the 'spaces' under the ring's setting). It started this summer, so I assumed from moisture building up under my ring - I wash my hands excessively because I work with animals & therefore germs. I started to suspect fungus, I have researched ringworm (since I mostly work with cats & this is common among cats). It flares us FAST. I can put my ring on in the morning, and within an hour - it's red, swollen & itches (but not bad). it quickly turns to sort of water blister looking sores. I have medication I can apply & it will clear up immediately. I have stopped wearing my ring most of the day (whereas it never left my finger - at all, ever, & without incident - for 8 years, before this summer). Reading these posts is helpful - for example, I would like to pay more attention to the recurrence as related to my cycle. The last bout of it, as it was clearing my skin became so intensely dry & cracked - it was painful because it was like tiny little papercuts (probably 20-30) on just a small area of my skin and they burned! the medicine is use is Tinecide and it is awesome, but I want to resolve this, not just "treat" it & live with it!!
|

replied December 28th, 2012
It sounds like you have contact dermatitis. What kind of metal is your ring made of? An allergy to a metal can take months or even years to develop. Some people are fine and then one day will just become allergic to something. You can either stop wearing the ring all together or you can find another ring (swap the stones if you have any) that is made of a different metal. Try it out first and make sure you're not also allergic to it. Hope that helps.
|

replied September 12th, 2009
annoying rash on chin
my rash is on my chin. it is red and raised up or swelled. this rash appeared overnight and has never itched. It is a bit tender to the touch (a little like a skin irritation such as a burn or terribly dry skin)...the red area oozes out clear stuff. there are tiny white dots on top of some of the red spots (and those do not ooze i don't think)

I've had this once before in the same spot! it did go away eventually (a couple weeks) . . . but i don't want to wait that long this time!! please help!
|
Quick Reply