Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Tubes Tied & Pregnant?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I had my tubes tied almost 10 years ago. I am now in my mid 30s. A few years ago my periods became longer in days and more blood clots. This past month I had my period after two weeks from my last, light and only lasted 3 days. Can you get pregnant right after having your period? I know the birds and the bees tell us other wise, but today was to be the day I was suppose to start. Any advice or stories? I had my period light for the first two months of my 2nd pregnancy.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Llewellyn
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You absolutely can get pregnant right after your period. You can get pregnant any time of the month, before, after, or even during your period. Women just don't always ovulate when we "should."
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Take a test if you're concerned. Rarely, tubal ligations can reverse themselves naturally, but it's not a common occurence.

Maybe it's possible that you are beginning to enter perimenopause and that can definitely change your cycle. My mom had a tubal ligation after my youngest sister was born, and she went thru perimenopause for almost 10 years before finally hitting menopause. She began perimenopause in her mid-30s as well.

I would take a test to rule out a pregnancy, and if the test is negative, probably you may be beginning to enter perimenopause. You can start having shorter or longer cycles, increased or decreased amount of flow as well as other symptoms.
|

replied October 23rd, 2010
Help I need some answers for peace of Mind
Ok heres a question. I am 29 yrs old. I had my tubes tied 5 yrs ago, I recently have been re-married and sadly i am now more active than i was the first marriage, I have had 2 children but i had a tubes tied 5 yrs ago on the same day my son was born i had my tubes tied. But now i have ALL the symptoms of pregnancy I have the bloating, I have the soreness in my boobs i have been spotting slightly not every day it was monday night thursday morning and friday night went to the ER friday night and they came back to tell me that i had a severe UTI infection but i have NONE of the symptoms of a SEVERE UTI. I dont have the back pain, the stomach cramps, or the fever i dont have the painful urination or anything + for some reason my RED and WHITE blood cells were sky high according to the paper to numerous to count and leucocytes were 3+ and a few other things were 3+ they supposely tested for a pregnancy but what i was trying to tell them was "If i am im about 2 wks. its WAY WAY to early to tell" the HPT that i took came back neg. but there is a very faint line on the other side. Can somebody please explain if i have a severe UTI as the dr. said the WORSE he has ever seen supposely blood in my urine then why i dont have any of the symptoms?
|

replied November 28th, 2010
pregnancy
my period was 7 days late and it came the 16 of nov but stay on for 2 days and i had sex and i had sex on the 18th of nov when i went to the bathroom and when i wipe myself there were light blood and my tubals are tie for 10 years and my wait is going up instead of down. of signs of being pregnant can i be
|