Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Bright Red Bleeding (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
i'm 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant. i woke up this afternoon from a short nap to go use the bathroom. when i wiped my self i had quite a bit of bright red blood. but none in the potty. i called my ob and they sent me to the hospital to get 2 types of u/s. i also had an appt after the visit to the hospital but the hospital took too long so the dr. office had to reschedule my appt to this monday on the 25th. i'm not having any more pain than usual (light menstral like cramping on and off and sometimes pains inside my vaginia) i haven't been having sex so i know that's not it and i already had implantion bleeding 2 days before my missed period. the x-ray tech wouldn't say anything to me regarding the u/s except for that i was 7weeks and 2 days. it's 3 days till monday and i'm worried. any advice???? oh.....and i used the bathroom 3 more times before being sent to the hospital with no more blood then when i went the 4th time i had dark brown blood with what looked to be one very very small clot, then after the intravaginal u/s i had more brown blood. but no more bright red blood. please any info would help. i'm a wreck right now. thanks ladies. oh and i did see the little itty bitty baby on the screen...does this mean he's okay???? i'm just impatient and need some reassurance until i go to the dr on monday! thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper cjanelys
|

replied June 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Just to give an update...I bleed again which was quite a bit more on Saturday. I called the on call MD. He had viewed my u/s images. I have a blood clot in between my sac and uterine wall. All we can do is sit it out and wait....and do a lot of praying. So far though I haven't bled anymore since Saturday, thank God! They say that the blood clots can resolve themselves. If not, well we will just try again. But of course we are thinking positive!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied September 16th, 2012
I had a clot in womb and went on to have a healthy baby girl it should desolve itself good luck. ive got worries of my own just now with what your going through but no blood clot in womb this tiime sooooooooo scared.
|

replied July 9th, 2007
Experienced User
Best wishes. Crossing my fingers Smile Try to say calm and relax. Read a book, go for a walk, take a bath or shower. I know it will be hard, but it will be best if yo try to relax for you and the baby.

Rachel<3
|

replied July 9th, 2007
Experienced User
How did your doctors appt go?
|

replied February 8th, 2009
bright red bleeding
i am 10 weeks gone and noticed some blood on thurs when i wiped. ranged my gp and was told not to worry if its not heavier than a period. i started having pain on saturday and the blood became heavier and decided to call hantsdoc. the doc examined me and booked a scan for me on tues. fingers crossed, i hope everything is ok with my baby am staying positive because there is no amount of worry that will change anything. xx
|

replied March 16th, 2009
Hello
Hi I am 7wks pregnant today and yesterday around 3oclock I notice some bleeding so I told my mom and took a nap I had woke up around 7 and noticeded I had a blood clot and brownish red blood coming out so I had called my mid wife and he to me to go to the ER I went their and I was still bleeding they took me up for and ultra sound and they should me the heart beat I was happy but later when I was still resting in the hospital they role me that my uterus had blood in it and that it was more than likely for me to have a miscarriage so I have been praying and lots of other people having been praying for me to but as I continue to go to the bathroom it's not as much as it was yesterday but whatever happens happens just leave it up in gods hands cause be knows best
|

replied March 19th, 2009
bleeding in pregancy of six weeks
i am six weeks , 5 days pregnant. two days back i noticed red bleeding ,though it was very small quantity. i wnt to the doctor. he suggested gelofist. but i am still worried
|

replied March 19th, 2009
bleeding in six weeks
hi,
i am six weeks 5 days pregnant. two days back i had blleeding started, though it was in small quantity.i was confused and worried too. we went to doctor who suggested gelifest and to take rest. bleeding is still there. pls help. tomorrow i will go to doc again
|

replied October 24th, 2009
8 weeks and bleeding bright red
I am 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and started bleeding bright red today. I dont have cramps but the flow is heavy. I called my dr. and I see him tomorrow morning. I am very nervous.
|

replied July 31st, 2010
Is this bleeding normal
Ian 7weeks and 1 day pregnant around the time my period was due I had some bright red spotting and again at 6 weeks when I saw my doc he said that it was implantation bleeding. Today I have had bright red bleeding like a very lite period but no cramps. I'm not sure what is going on. This is my 2nd pregnancy my first I had a missed misscarage at 6weeks iam so nervous and worried.
|

replied August 8th, 2010
pregnancy bleeding
please help me im around 5 to 7 weeks pregnant and i have had a previous miscarraige 6 years ago and i woke up this morning and went to toilet and i had red blood it was only a bit but im so scared its miscarraige starting i not bleeding now it was just when i went to toilet im so scared noone is talking to me please help
|

replied December 29th, 2011
Just wondering if you have any updates? I am having similar symptoms at 5 weeks and my Dr. says it could be implantation bleeding, which I already had 2 weeks ago-so I know that is not it and I am really worried. Just wondering what ever came in your case? Thanks Sad
|

replied April 15th, 2011
Pregnancy Scares?!?
I am about 6 weeks pregnant and can relate to most of you. Me and my hubby have two children. Throughout the entire time I found out I was pregnant I have been bleeding on and off. I do not know what is going on but im also very nervous. It goes from light pink to red and quits all together. When I don expect it, it starts again. I have been to the doctor 4 times for it and they all say everything seems fine. Im still so worried.
|

replied June 12th, 2012
thats the same thing happening to me im 6 weeks as well and very scared are you o.k what the dr say...
|

replied May 25th, 2011
Spotting red.
I am 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant, and have had spotting off and on my whole pregnancy so far. Mostly light brown, and some light cramping, which the doc told me not to worry about. This morning I had some bright red when I wiped that went on for about 15 minutes. I got very worried and called the doc. They had me come in and do an U/S and blood work. Everything looks totally fine. The U/S showed the heartbeat and the sac looks fine. She said that 1 in 4 woman can have bleeding and spotting, but that it is good to get it checked if it is red at any time. I am still a little nervous, but relieved for now:)
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
I am around 7 weeks, went to the doctor several times due to cramping and blood. Told me my levels were to low going to miscarry. Had two ultra sounds and baby is fine. Still bleeding a lot of bright red blood. So confused, has two children with none of these issues. Reading these posts have helped. Any other advice would be great. Thanks.
|

replied November 21st, 2011
Pregancy Worries. Red blood when wiping early pregnancy.
I am around 5-6-7-8 weeks pregnant. Not known for sure. I am booked in to see my midwife in 2 days and she will then book me in for a scan. But tonight i went to the toliet and when i wiped there was a spot of blood (Bright red) when i wiped. I got scared and bout 5 mins later went again, wiped but no blood, 5 mins later went again only a tiny bit or red blood again. Is this normal i have 2 other children and i didnt bleed with them. Just need some reasurance i am worried!!
|

replied December 29th, 2011
Just wondering if you have any updates? I am having similar symptoms at 5 weeks and my Dr. says it could be implantation bleeding, which I already had 2 weeks ago-so I know that is not it and I am really worried. Just wondering what ever came in your case? Thanks Sad
|

replied December 15th, 2011
I am 7 weeks pregnant 2moz n going for an u/s i bled when my period was due n then stopped so i did like 4 tests n they all came bk positive but ive started bleeding again i lost my little boy in june who was only 2 days old but i had him on my due date im just soooo scared x
|

replied December 17th, 2011
Hi I'm 5 weeks pregnant had brown bleeding 4 days ago and had a internal u/s 2 days after there was no heartbeat as I'm too early and was advised to come back in 2 weeks, not long after leaving the hospital I had red bleeding so I went to my drs who checked my cervix and said it was closed but the bleeding has continued and last night I had mild period like cramps which are still going on and the bleeding has turned pinky red and watery ( sorry if tmi) its mostly only when i wipe but there seems a lot of it now has anyone had the same kind of thing? I'm so worried I am having a miscaridge Sad
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
im pregnant 4-5week
Yes I'm have the same thing u have I went to the ER and they told me they do not see the baby I probably to early to come back in two day to see if my blood level is move up cause it was lowl. Then he said I probably be have a m/c but I pray I notbut god the only one know so I just going leave it up to him. We just need to pray and ask to help us though this. I pray everything go good with u and the baby.
|

replied January 10th, 2012
Help me plz
Can somebody help me I had my period for 3day total 1day it was pink then it was red for 2 days then brown I need someone too explain too me what is that could I be pregnant my period normally last 5 to 6 days help help..... I want to be pregnant to and my boyfriend are ttc.
|

replied January 12th, 2012
I missed my period on December 6th. I scheduled a doctors appointment for next week - because I am pretty sure I am pregnant. I took a home pregnancy test and it showed positive. Here's the thing...I have been bleeding what seems to be a light period for the past 7 days. Its bright red and I have seen tiny blood clots here and there. The bleeding is enough to stain my pants. Could I be miscarrying?
|

replied January 19th, 2012
Heavy bright red bleeding
I am 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant but last night I started bleeding very watery bright red blood with 2 clots. I went to the hospital; and all they said was that they have to check my HCG levels last night and compare them to when I go back on Friday... I am scared and my husband and I do not want to lose our baby. I had an ultrasound last week at 7 weeks and 5 days and the baby had a heatbeat of 160/min and was 1.36 cm. What is wrong with me... am I having a miscarriage?
I am slowing down in the blood and it is now brown. My husband and I made love right before I started bleeding... could this be what caused the bleeding? Would the baby still be okay?
|
12 >>