Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Who Is My Baby's Father? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Is it true that the doctors automatically add 1-2 weeks to your pregnancy anyways. I'm 10 weeks now and my guy only been around for 8 weeks. Is he the father. help me. Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
We don't know if he is the father since we do not know your sexual history. A DNA test could always be performed at some point if you are unsure.

There are a couple of ways to determine how far along a woman is.

"Pregnancy can be dated from the first day of the last menstrual period or it can be dated from the day of ovulation.

In the United States, pregnancy is dated from the first day of the last menstrual period.....According to this system, conception doesn’t actually occur until 2 weeks of pregnancy....In many other places, the new knowledge has been incorporated into a dating system that starts with conception. In that system, pregnancy starts on the day of ovulation (usually the day of conception) and lasts for 266 days (38 weeks).

In both systems, the due date is exactly the same. It only makes a difference in calculating how far along you are during a pregnancy. For example, in the American system, the first trimester ends at approximately week 12, whereas in the other system, the first trimester ends at approximately week 10. The following table illustrates the differences:
Event American System Ovulation system
Conception Week 2 Week 0
Positive pregnancy test Week 4 Week 2
End 1st trimester Week 12-13 Weeks 10-11
End 2nd trimester Week 26 Week 24
Due date Week 40 Week 38

Similarly, if you are trying to calculate backward to figure out when you conceived, you need to know what system your doctor used when calculating your dates. In the American system, if you are 7 weeks pregnant, you conceived only 5 weeks ago."
http://www.askdramy.com/dating.html
|

replied June 29th, 2007
yeah they do..well technically the baby is only 8 weeks but the pregnancy is counted an extra two weeks from the first day of your last period til now lol. so dont worry! its two weeks before conception is whats added!
|

replied July 4th, 2007
Pregnancy Dating
Yes Ashley, the dating for pregnancy by most all doctors is the first day of your last menstrual period. You are actully NOT pregnant on the first day of your period, but conception occurs from 12-18 days approx after the first day of your last period, when you Ovulate. A DNA test, can be done when your baby is between 3-6 months old. You can also explain this situation to your health care provider. They can do an internal ultra sound, with a small wand type device that is inserted into the vagina; during early pregnancy. This will show the size in milimeters of the gestational sac & fetus. They can more accurately tell you when you conceived, approximately. Best bet is to have a DNA test later on. Good luck.
|

replied August 24th, 2009
Who is My babys Father ???
hey im stilla little confused about everythinggg... today i am 21 weeks so i got 19 weeks to go and my due date is january 4th.. me and my ex broke march 30th and the last time we had sex im not exactly sure but its was dat week b4 the 30th so the between the 21st till the 30th of march in between there..and on april 9th i had sex with another guy..so wat do you think???? help me!!!
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2009
Supporter
those days are very close together, you might have to get an ultrasould to find out.
an amino test
or even a paternity test
|

replied October 13th, 2009
i am 16 weeks pregnant. i slept with a guy on the 16th june, had a period a week later. slept with a guy on the 10th july then 3 weeks later found out i was pregnant. my due date is 1st april. please help me
|

replied February 15th, 2010
Hi, my name is Katie im 17 years old, birthday is April 27. Im from California. I have a major situation and every night i almost cry about it.

Im 21 weeks pregnant. Febuary 12th my ultrasound technicion said i was 18. Me and my boyfriend had sex alot and my due date is july 3rd, im pretty sure we concieved october 10th. We got in a fight and broke up in october, october 24th i had sex with my ex boyfriend. When i found out i was only 18 weeks pregnant im scared it might not be my boyfriends. I remember october 27th i took a pregnancy test and it came out positve, and i never got my period on october 19th, but i wasnt sure when i last had my period. PLEASE HELP !
|

replied November 12th, 2010
my lest first day of my period was on may 16 is regular every month. on my ovulation period i had sex with a guy on the 29 we use condom i dont know if anything happend to it but then i had sex with my ex on june 7,8 thats a week after my ovulation time. if my menstrual is normal is it possible it could be my exs?
|

replied January 14th, 2012
Ihave no clue whos my babies daddy is im assuming my lmp was july 28 2011 i went to the doctor and found out that i was five months pregant well on december 22 i found out that i was 21 weeks so my baby doctore told me i conceived between august 11 threw august the 18 well me and my boyfriend had sex before that and also i had sex with a friend on august 11 im so confused help me im scared
|

replied January 14th, 2012
need help please
Ihave no clue whos my babies daddy is im assuming my lmp was july 28 2011 i went to the doctor and found out that i was five months pregant well on december 22 i found out that i was 21 weeks so my baby doctore told me i conceived between august 11 threw august the 18 well me and my boyfriend had sex before that and also i had sex with a friend on august 11 im so confused help me im scared
|

replied February 13th, 2012
My daughter is 10 months now i think a splitting image of her dady but i wont know. I cannot recall when i got my last period but i still think it was aroud 31st july 2010. I cheated with an ex on the 6 august,learnt that i was pregnant on the 30 august. Doctor said my due date was on the 29 april 2010. But she came on the 24 march 2010, all healthy and sweet and with 5 AND half lbs. I dont want to tell this to my husband ..is there anyway i could know who baby she is..
|

replied February 13th, 2012
Community Volunteer
It is not really possible to tell with the info you are giving. Pregnancy calculators place your ovulation on Aug 6, but that does not mean sex on Aug 6 made you pregnant. Did you go without protection? With both men? When did you have sex with your husband? When was the due date determined and how?

On a different level, does it matter? You and your husband are raising her as your own. Telling him this will likely destroy both your lives as you know it today. If you really want to know, you can do a paternity test. It is possible to use his DNA for that without his knowledge. Contact one of the labs to find out how.

Lying is not really a good thing in a relationship, but you also have to consider the alternatives where you and your daughter can be left without means to support yourself. It is not good for her to grow up without a father figure in her life.

Best of luck!
|

replied February 14th, 2012
Oh i havent told this to a single soul.Its been bothering me so much. I did use protection with the other person but my husband and me dont, her dute date was determined on 9 november 2009 ..doctor said she was 15 weeks and 4 days. I cannot muster the courage to tell him this. I asked the doctor if the other guy could possibly be the father ..he said it was like 1% since i did use protection.
|

Community Volunteer
Well there you go then. Saved by the condom. Why would you even think he could have gotten you pregnant? You are worried for nothing. If you used protection, it cannot be his baby, right?

At 15 weeks the estimation of conception dates are fairly inaccurate. So your dates does not really mean anything. There is however no reason to think that your ex could have gotten you pregnant.

So stop worrying about it.
|
Users who thank kristigraham for this post: mariasingh0881 

Your answer has made me cried with joy since i have being keepin this to myself. I am so confused because i forgot the date i saw my last period then i couldnt remember when i had sex with my husband. But i kept the child since i have been waiting 7 years for a baby, and i didnt think my husband could have made me pregnant since he is a regular party guy, dont get me wrong , he is very sweet , thats why i wont want anything like this to happen it will kill him and his family. Only son and only grandchild
|

Your answer has made me cried with joy since i have being keepin this to myself. I am so confused because i forgot the date i saw my last period then i couldnt remember when i had sex with my husband. But i kept the child since i have been waiting 7 years for a baby, and i didnt think my husband could have made me pregnant since he is a regular party guy, dont get me wrong , he is very sweet , thats why i wont want anything like this to happen it will kill him and his family. Only son and only grandchild
|

replied March 1st, 2012
I had sex with my ex boyfriend between December 1 and December 6th once sometime between those dates and I got a new boyfriend on December 7th and had sex with him several times since we have been together. The first day of my last period was December 15th and lasted for 5 days. On January 15th is when I had my first missed period and later found out I was pregnant. I haven't had sex with anyone else other than my boyfriend from December 7th. So which one is my babysit father? Please help. And I will be three months the beginning of march
|

replied April 4th, 2012
Someone please give me some advice
|

replied April 21st, 2012
Can someone please answer my question from newmother00 please
|

replied June 14th, 2012
who's the dad
hey im amber i'm a little confused ... today i am 18 weeks & 4 days so i got 22 weeks to go and my due date is November 11t my last period was February 5th. me and my ex broke febuary 10th and the last time we had sex was February 8th and on February 18th i had sex with another guy.. help me!!!
|

replied August 1st, 2012
i have a question, my son is 7 months now, when i 2 weeks i left the father of my baby because he was abusive, i got with my current boyfriend when i was 8 weeks. we are starting to notice that my baby looks like my boyfriend. is it possible my baby could have taken some of his dna
|
12 >>