Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Birth Control And Irregular Bleeding

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
the past three times i have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, i have bled. the first time it was kind of a lot of blood, the next two times it was a little less. i have just started using birth control, about a week and a few days ago, so i literally just started. could i be bleeding because of the birth control?
i just dont get it because i only bleed after i have sex and no other time, can the bleeding still be because of the birth control?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
The bleeding could be from your cervix, it could be from slight tearing. There's no way for us to know for sure.

It's not likely that it's from the pill, since you say it is only when you have sex, although it is normal to have some spotting in the first few months of taking the pill.

The bleeding could be because he's hitting your cervix and it is already irritated/sore for some other reason.

You should see your doctor/gynecologist and they can check it out to see if they can find the cause. It is not normal to bleed every time you have sex. Many women never bleed during sex - including the first time.
|
Did you find this post helpful?