Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

How Effective Is...

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
birth control when you use it with a condom, and the man ejaculates in the condom, and then taking morning after pill like 20 mins after it happens? please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
When you say "birth control," do you mean the pill? The pill is about 99% effective when used alone. Condoms are about 97% effective when used alone.

If you are on the pill and using condoms, there is no reason to take the morning after pill after sex unless the condom broke and you have not been taking your pill consistently. The morning after pill is not intended to be used after every act of sex.
|

replied June 20th, 2007
i'm pretty consistent on birth control (marvelon) pill. but my partner suggested we take the morning after pill just to be on the safe side, is morning after pill plus the two condom and birth control effective enough or was that pushing it?
|

replied June 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Two condoms on at the same time? That's actually a very bad idea. Two condoms can rub against each other and cause frequent breakage.

But the point is, you're on birth control pills. You will most likely not get pregnant, they are nearly 100% effective as the other poster said. The pills alone, all by themselves, are almost 100% effective - if taken correctly.

Condoms, alone, with no pills, are almost 100% effective - when used correctly.

Condoms and the pill mean your chances of becoming pregnant are almost zero.

There is absolutely no reason to waste your money on the morning after pill. It's useless, as birth control is already preventing ovulation. You do not need it.

You are going way too overboard.
|

replied June 20th, 2007
sorry i guess i wrote that wrong, two METHODS lol not 2 condoms Embarassed

if morning after pill was taken? would it just be of no use considering the other 2 methods of protection? or would it reduce all risks completely if so happened to get pregnant with pill and condom?
|

replied June 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
loveshotx wrote:
sorry i guess i wrote that wrong, two METHODS lol not 2 condoms Embarassed

if morning after pill was taken? would it just be of no use considering the other 2 methods of protection? or would it reduce all risks completely if so happened to get pregnant with pill and condom?

I would say it would be useless to take the morning after pill. You've already reduced your risks to zero by using a condom and the pill.

What are you going to do? Throw away $40 every single time you have sex? That's ridiculous. Trust science. Condoms and the pill aren't recommended because they don't work. They're recommended because they do.
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Not to mention putting those extra hormones or whatever into your body when you don't need them.

Eiri is right. Sometimes there is a fine line between being careful and just plan going overboard. You're going overboard at this point. Laughing
|