Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

Sex While On Period? (Page 1)

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
I'm dying to know ever womens opinion on this. I know most men think it's completely disgusting but i would like to know what women think. Would you ever have sex while on your period? If not, why? If so, then was it weird? Did it feel any different?

I had a talk with an older man who is a real close friend to me. He told me that some men don't really care if the women is on her period or not. An older woman who is also a close friend of mine told me that having sex while on your period is a completely different feeling then when your not.

Opinions please... and be .Honest!! Thank you!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I have sex when I have my period. We just put a towel under my butt. I did have one partner in the past who wasn't willing to have sex when I had my period, and to be honest, that just annoyed me. My current partner is fine with it.

It feels exactly the same to me. Women who tend to be very dry might notice the most different since the blood can act as a lubricant.
|

replied June 20th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I've never had sex on my period because the men I've dated were kind of grossed out about it (my ex got a little ill at the sight of blood in general), but I don't really see anything wrong with it, other than it will be a bit more messy. I know some men get so horny that they don't care what's leaking out of a woman's body.

I've also heard conflicting pros and cons about sex during the woman's period - I've heard that sex during the menstrual cycle is encouraged becuase it makes the uterus contract and helps to expel menstrual fluid. I've also read that sex during your period is discouraged because it can push menstrual fluid back into the body and can increase the risk for endometriosis. I wish they'd make up their minds. Rolling Eyes
|

replied June 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'm actually the one in the relationship who doesn't want to have sex during my period, because it grosses me out lol. He wouldn't mind, and always offers, but I feel too smelly and icky.
|

replied June 21st, 2007
do u have a higher chance getting pregnant if u have sex while on ur menstrole???
|

replied June 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
nikoleM wrote:
do u have a higher chance getting pregnant if u have sex while on ur menstrole???

When on your period, or when menstruating, you mean? (it can also be said "when you are menstrual")

Not really you don't, as most women don't ovulate during their period. We're talking off the pills right now. However, it is still possible.

On the birth control pill, you are just as protected during your period as you are during the active pills.
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
nikoleM wrote:

Like eiri said, it does not increase your chances. Most women don't ovulate during their period, but some do. So it is possible to get pregnant if you have sex during period. That is why protection needs to be used every time.
|

replied June 21st, 2007
I always thought you couldn't get pregnant while on your period. That something new i learned today! Laughing
|

replied June 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Doriz wrote:
I always thought you couldn't get pregnant while on your period. That something new i learned today! Laughing

Oh yes, you can definitely get pregnant while on your period.
|

replied June 21st, 2007
I had the impression that you couldn't because my ex-boyfriend told me once when i was on my period that we could have sex while i was on my period and not worry about anything. Thank .God i didn't!! Now i always use a condom and im getting birthcontrol on .Wednesday!
|

replied June 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
Ive only had sex towards the end of my period, other than that IM grossed out by it too mcuh to clean up. i like sex to be spur of the moment to have to get a towel and what not too much work LOL
as far as getting pregnt. i know i have heard you can and there are women who have, but they say its a very slim chance of it.
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2007
Supporter
Personally i really don't like the idea of having sex on my period, before i got pregnant i'd get terrible cramps and i'm surprised i didn't use to pass out from the amount of blood i lost Laughing. I know that i just wouldn't of been comfortable or feel sexy in any way
|

replied June 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
I don't usually feel sexy either, and it's hardly spontaneous when you have to remove a divacup first..... but sometimes I get very randy on my period and just .Gotta .Have .It!!! So, I'll either grab a towel or invite hubby into the shower with me - unless flo is very light, then I just go for it!

In our anglo-christian-dominated society the attitude prevails that menstral blood is dirty. Other societies honour and pamper their women when they are menstruating.

There's nothing wrong with having sex while on your period, but if you're not comfortable with it - just don't.
|

replied June 26th, 2007
Hi!
Dannzibelle wrote:
Personally i really don't like the idea of having sex on my period, before i got pregnant i'd get terrible cramps and i'm surprised i didn't use to pass out from the amount of blood i lost Laughing. I know that i just wouldn't of been comfortable or feel sexy in any way

have you tried a one day menstruation?
cos i just did.
my boyfriend and i had sex 3 to 4 days before i menstruated but its awkward because i had it for only one day.
i am worried, its my first time to menstruate for only one day.

please reply
|

replied June 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Hi!
beegz_bani wrote:
Dannzibelle wrote:

have you tried a one day menstruation?
cos i just did.
my boyfriend and i had sex 3 to 4 days before i menstruated but its awkward because i had it for only one day.
i am worried, its my first time to menstruate for only one day.

please reply

What is a one day menstruation?
|

replied June 26th, 2007
do you mean you only had your period for one day?? Hmmm.. im not sure what it could be... are you sure its your period or is it just slight bleeding?
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Hi!
Eiri wrote:

What is a one day menstruation?

Yeah, that was worded funny. She made some threads that were worded better though. Smile Basically, she had her period for only one day and was wondering if it was cause for concern.
|

replied June 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Ah, Well, yes that is a matter of concern because a shortened or missing period can be a sign you are pregnant.
|

replied June 27th, 2007
never..... Embarassed
|

replied February 8th, 2013
Sex during period -- different and intimate.
My girlfriend and I do have sex and plenty. We still need it even during period and we feel so connected that its like unconditional sex / love. Before her I was grossed out and frankly probably would be with most women. With her I don't care -- see it as something different and more intimate.. she has also described to me that sometimes the orgams can be stronger. But we try many different things -- listen to your body.. and believe me whatever your take or feelings on the subject matter are now.. when you meet "the person" --- they will change. When you are truly passionate about someone and sex you just can't deny it so easily you totally give yourself. That is the beautiful feeling and the difference that my GF and I have experienced and discovered with sex during period.
|
12 >>