Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Blood Pressure ...

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
User Profile
So, today I had my regular one week doctors appointment, and my blood pressure is still unfortunately up. She decided to put me on a low dose of blood pressure pills to see if we can get this under control. I still have edema and I am feeling horrible. I have to go back in on Monday to have my bp checked and if it is still up, then we decide then if she is going to induce me. I am not getting much sleep at all now as when I lay down my right leg kills me. Baby is head down and engaging so thats a promising thing. Had my Strep B swab today so hopefully that comes back fine. Anyways, if things do not settle down by next week, we could have our little man!!! I am 37 wks this Friday so I would be close to 38 next week and they don't think that there would be any issues with inducing me then. I certainly wouldnt mind at this point as I am misserable!! Anywho, just thought that I would give you all an update.. Labour Dust to all the ladies who are due now!

Cheers,

Mary
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
how awful am i .. im one day before you and i swear im tempted to go eat a huge meatball sandwitch before my next doctor appointment..
my doctor said she would induce me but there isnt enough room at the hospital and they are not enough beds available. i live about 30 minutes away from the border so we have a lot of illegal immigrants who have lots of babies and so there isnt usually any beds available unless it is a emergency
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2007
Experienced User
Hey girl, I thought you were due one day after me? I am due July 13th, and your due the 14th, right? I am still feeling gross today. It is only day 2 on the meds, but she told me that they may not help anyways at this point.

Hope that you are feeling better. I know that I wish I was lol I am just staying at home these days doing nothing as thats about all that i am allowed to do. My uncle just told me off and told me to keep my butt down, feet up and REST lol He is very bossy.. but I love him just the same!

Must run for now. Take care,

Mary
|

replied June 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hah im on crack.. your right a day after lol. i promise that was what i meant.
ahhh so your as misrable as i am??
im so done being pregnant!! it doesnt seem like there is an end in sight.
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2007
Experienced User
Yep.. I am just as misserable as you are. I know thats what you meant. It was just your pregnancy brain talking. haha.. I know that mine is all fuzzy for the most part haha. AND I am so tired ot being at home!! I just want my little man to be here so that I can love him and take care of him and play with him when he gets a bit bigger. Sitting at home and waiting for him to come is no fun at all. As for the Crack??? Thats what I feel like I am on or some big stoner from the blood pressure pills. Wow.. I am wondering if they are really worth taking cause I feel about the same!! I am pretty sure that I would not be unhappy if my bp is still up next week and they decided to deliver me early.. in fact I would be VERY pleased about that lol Bring on the Labour Dust for both of us!!!

Take care..

Mary
|

replied June 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hahah then im going to super jealous of you! Ive got 23 days left and i have a feeling shes not coming a second early..
i know what you mean the worst part of all of this is just sitting at home and waiting! i wish i was in school or had a job or something.. im going nuts!
|

User Profile
replied June 21st, 2007
Experienced User
Ditto.. I was supposed to work till tomorrow, however... I got a phone call one night and was told not to expect to have my job when I was finished Maternity Leave.. So.. after being there 9 yrs I called the labour board to at least find out what my rights were, which were that they did have to hold the job for me. The labour board called them and found out that they didn't want me to bring the baby to work, after... which they had told me that when I was ready to return to work, I could come back to work and bring the baby!! Go figure! So, anyways needless to say my blood pressure shot up after all of that, and when I saw my doctor on the 6th of June, she told that that was it.. I was going off on sick benifits. At least I didnt have to go back to work after all the stuff that was going on. So when I let them know I was being put off on sick they turned into jerks.. well more than they have ever been. Anywho they gave me guff for calling the labour board and told me that that was it for working for them, I may add that that is illegal. It is illegal to do that to an employee for calling the labour board to find out their rights. Oh well.. I am still waiting for my ROE from them, which is now 2 days over the amount of time they are allowed to get it to me and its more of a pain in the butt to do anything about it than it is to wait. You have just got to love our system! It totally sucks. So, now I sit and wait for my ROE so that I can get my Sick Benifits started and then maternity, as well as Paternity leave. Ughh.. I cannot afford to wait for ever.. so.. yes Im a little stressed and I know that doesnt help with the blood pressure. Its not easy tho with being strapped for cash and trying to get things taken care of for sick leave and STILL BEING PREGNANT lol Oh well what can I do?

Very frustrating thats for sure!

Take care girl..

Mary
|